First Egg Countdown

Today will be another day of eggspectation! Lol. I know that one fat Marans is very close. I didn't think her comb could get any redder, but it has and my 2 EE's have reddened up a lot in the last few days. I have mixed some layer feed in with the last of the grower feed I had and put out some oyster shell.

Sounds like many of you are super close to getting eggs!
fl.gif
I still have some freeloaders from my Easter hatch, but it is expected - they are Barnevelders and they are slow to mature.

Last edited:
Today is 25 weeks for my EEs and 21 weeks for my BAs. Still no eggs! I am going to remain positive that my chickens are not defective and that I will see that first egg any day!
fl.gif

Today is 25 weeks for my EEs and 21 weeks for my BAs. Still no eggs! I am going to remain positive that my chickens are not defective and that I will see that first egg any day!
fl.gif

That's funny, a good friend of mine was sure my EE was defective. She has been laying for 2 weeks. Fingers crossed for your first eggs!

Last edited:
I have 18 girls that will be 21 weeks old on Halloween, no eggs yet, I am hoping for a Halloween egg. I have several that have been squatting and have had widened pelvic bones for the past week or so, I think nobody wants to be first to try laying so they are all waiting for someone else to go first! I have the feeling that once one starts they will all follow quickly. I will take eggs over all the Halloween candy this year!!! One of my barred rocks has been checking out the nesting box heavily today.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom