First Egg Countdown

well, I am still waiting on my four gals (two RIRs and two Buffs Orpingtons) who are supposedly 24 or 25 weeks, but none are laying yet. only one has the comb & wattles that look remotely mature, but she hasn't started laying, and the others look still immature in combs and wattles. I suspect that the lady who sold them to me doesn't really know when this batch hatched.

I know Buffs take a while to mature to lay, but my two Rhodies? Shouldn't they be laying at 24 weeks? Unless they aren't actually that old...

Argh.
barnie.gif

I got my first one yesterday from my 22 week old Golden Comet. The rest aren't laying yet (all 22 weeks), but I'm hoping they'll see what she's done and start following suit! Yay!

It's kind of perfect!
And here's the proud layer:

Her name's Nugget and she's awesome!

Last edited:
No more counting down for me!!! Yaaaaaay! I was screaming like a moron and the chickens looked at me like I was crazy. Out of the 5 bantams, I don't know which one laid but it was just outside the nesting box. It is just a teeny tiny thing. So cute. Happy Day!

I got my first one yesterday from my 22 week old Golden Comet. The rest aren't laying yet (all 22 weeks), but I'm hoping they'll see what she's done and start following suit! Yay!

It's kind of perfect!

those sex links are the best brown egg layers there are i got five of those and they have not missed a day since they started laying im going to get more tomorrow

I've gotten three eggs this week! Saturday/Sunday/Monday they're small and pink. Three possible layers are PBR, lavender Orp, or Black Star....all are about the same age 20/21weeks but I haven't figure out who it is. I suspect the PBR she's been in and out of the nesting boxd making LOTS of unusual (loud) noises

It's kind of perfect!

I have a red sex link that's 22 weeks old and her comb isn't nearly that big yet. Man, this is going to take forever! Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom