First Egg Of The Season - - Anyone Else Get One?

Nothing yet here for me in Indiana, but with KY getting some eggs, I'm hopeful. It won't be long now!! My Pete is fertile by now. This is his third season (fingers crossed with the fertility) and Penelope has laid eggs in the past year, so I'm hoping. I keep checking the pen...I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have some India Blue Babies!!

My 2year old peahen and 3 year old IB peacock JUST MATED!!!!!
celebrate.gif
so excited!!!!

FINALLY!!!. My first pea egg this morning here in southern Illinois. The boys have been showing off like crazy and last year I got my first egg April 5. I was starting to get really impatient. Our weather has been so crazy this year though.

FINALLY!!!. My first pea egg this morning here in southern Illinois. The boys have been showing off like crazy and last year I got my first egg April 5. I was starting to get really impatient. Our weather has been so crazy this year though.

Congrats!!!

The girls layed their first egg April 1. They are WAY past due. :/

I found 2 more nest today and Cammie is sitting tight, i learned that peas are comunal layers as i found Peaches laying next to cammie, i got to see if there ain't more eggs under Cammie cause she has not left the nest in 2 days and i think the other hen may have been laying with her all this week which means more eggs , will see tomorrow.
I have gotten 7 pea eggs
wee.gif
in 3 days, the hunt is on.

Back
Top Bottom