First Egg!!

May 13, 2021
Kentucky
Today I was surprised to find the very first egg in my flock!! I’m not 100% sure which of the ladies laid it, but I suspect it’s the one I previously thought was a Roo. It’s a speckled white light brownish color I think.

Any thoughts on the breed of the chicken who laid it? The reason I ask is because I’m not 100% on the breed of my white chicks.

D9F86D61-67F9-4608-B4D2-1B8AF3E1D51F.jpeg

Today I was surprised to find the very first egg in my flock!! I’m not 100% sure which of the ladies laid it, but I suspect it’s the one I previously thought was a Roo. It’s a speckled white light brownish color I think.

Any thoughts on the breed of the chicken who laid it? The reason I ask is because I’m not 100% on the breed of my white chicks.

View attachment 2820318
Yay! :celebrate First eggs are so fun! Pictures of the chickens that you suspect could be the layer?😉

Yay! :celebrate First eggs are so fun! Pictures of the chickens that you suspect could be the layer?😉
It’s not the best picture. Little bugger was running from me. 😅 I didn’t wanna freak her out so I didn’t try again. I’ll try to get a better picture later when I round them up to put them back up.

Attachments

• 5D2A5B92-AFE2-48CB-B21C-C3220026F212.jpeg
    5D2A5B92-AFE2-48CB-B21C-C3220026F212.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
It’s not the best picture. Little bugger was running from me. 😅 I didn’t wanna freak her out so I didn’t try again. I’ll try to get a better picture later when I round them up to put them back up.
She looks like a leghorn. Those lay white eggs!😉 Do you have any others that are at laying age?

Back
Top Bottom