First Snow (pics)

itsmechrissy

Songster
8 Years
Mar 27, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Today was the first real snow fall for our girls... most of them still won't leave the coop, but Morticia (as always) was up for the adventure!

Here she is coming to get some treats!
84109_2011-12-17_12-25-41_259.jpg

Chicken Tracks!!!
84109_2011-12-17_12-24-35_154.jpg

Don't think she dug the snow much, found the closest non-snow covered spot to hang out in :)
84109_2011-12-17_12-24-08_165.jpg

Jealous! This is our first year owning chickens. We had some flurries already, but no good snow accumulation. We're REALLY ready to see how they react, and for our first chickens in the snow picture opportunities!

We're on the southern bit of that snowstorm this morning....

Black Java's are on semi-permanent strike. They came out under their covered run (no snow) and ate their treats. Then retreated to the coop for the duration of the day (or at least every time I checked on 'em, they were all indoors). I added another bag of pine shavings for them to 'investigate' and 'redecorate' their coop with. So that kept them busy most of the day. As for tomorrow's "activity"...I'm still working on that one. Perhaps some BOSS in their shavings to give them something to think about.

However, I DID get 4 eggs today from 5 pullets. They ROCK! Now I can make another batch of Christmas cookies! Yippeee!

Holy cow! It was 60 degrees today in the NC foothills. Chicken tracks in the mud aren't so cute. Are they only able to print the letter "K" in the snow. A little talent and they could text talk.

Snowed here. Our chooks (especially the young ones who have never really seen snow) think it's bread falling out of the sky...
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom