First Time Chick Parents, Spring 2016

Hello everyone! First time chick parent and first time chicken owner in general. Going to be getting five barred rock girls tomorrow if everything goes to plan. Super excited!

frow.gif
. We expect pics, of course...
Oh yes, definitely going to be posting a lot of pictures!

We are new chicken parents, we got 5 chicks on Friday. 3 frizzles, 1 faverolle and 1 polish. I had read about pasty butt, but I didn't realize how often I should be checking them! We are celebrating easter with family right now and I can't wait to get back home and check on them. If they have droppings stuck to their rear I should just rinse it gently with warm water? Just air dry?

We are new chicken parents, we got 5 chicks on Friday. 3 frizzles, 1 faverolle and 1 polish. I had read about pasty butt, but I didn't realize how often I should be checking them! We are celebrating easter with family right now and I can't wait to get back home and check on them. If they have droppings stuck to their rear I should just rinse it gently with warm water? Just air dry?

Yep. You can pat dry with a paper towel then stick them under their heat source to finish drying.

I'm a first time chick parent, I have 1 2.5 week old Rhode Island Red, 1 2.5 week old Barred Plymouth Rock , 1 one month old Mottled Orpington and 1 two month old blue Orpington. As soon as the one month old is six weeks old, the Orpingtons can go in the coop.

Back
Top Bottom