First Time Egg Candler Scared!

Just remember your air cell will shift some if you had them in a turner upright, then laid them down for lockdown. So just below your drawn line is good. It is likely still in the air pocket!

Congrats on the pip sideWing. I feel like an expectant Aunt! Lol

I'm at a family reunion and away from my bator. I have no idea what's going on right now and it's driving me crazy. Probably a good thing though. :) I will update when I get back.

Hmmmmm. The one egg that piped is exactly the same as it was about 5 hours ago. It wasn't cracked all the way through. Just cracked up a bit. Nothing else has piped. I hope they are ok. Pins and needles I am sitting on.

A PIP!! I have a pip! I can't believe how excited I am to see an egg break!

I will keep you folks posted!
Yay!! So happy!
wee.gif
Both members I've been rooting for finally got some action!! (In their bator. Gutter minds!
wink.png
)

does the pip need to be in the air pocket?
That's where we like to see it. After you draw your lines and put the eggs in lockdown, the air cell still grows and it is also drawn down further before hatch, so even if the pip is below the line, chances are it's still in the air cell. As long as they are at the mid - top you are probably safe. It's the ones below midline and on the pointed in that you really want to watch for. They are the problem children, potentially.

Just remember your air cell will shift some if you had them in a turner upright, then laid them down for lockdown. So just below your drawn line is good. It is likely still in the air pocket!

Congrats on the pip sideWing. I feel like an expectant Aunt! Lol
I know, right. I don't usually get overly anxious about other's hatches and here I am biting my nails on two different ones this week. Whew. All this stress I might as well be hatching my own...lol

I'm at a family reunion and away from my bator. I have no idea what's going on right now and it's driving me crazy. Probably a good thing though. :) I will update when I get back.
Thta's probably a good thing.

Hmmmmm. The one egg that piped is exactly the same as it was about 5 hours ago. It wasn't cracked all the way through. Just cracked up a bit. Nothing else has piped. I hope they are ok. Pins and needles I am sitting on.
That's normal...give it ten more hours...lol Come on eggs!! There's more there to pip, get moving!!

Back
Top Bottom