Five toed breeds

There are five 5-toed breeds: dorkings, faverolles, houdans, silkies and sultans. All have already been mentioned, but not in a single posting.

At the top of the page there is a blue menu bar, slightly to the right of center is the option "Uploads." Click on that and follow directions to copy photos to your BYC storage space. Once a photo is uploaded, you can copy the Image Code into a post. If you already have photos on a public accessible web location, you can enclose the url in between
. It really is not very difficult (unless you've already filled up your BYC storage space
sad.png
)

I appologize for the lack of wing feathering. They had been clipped & are just beginning to grow back in.
sad.png

She has a bit of a faverolle look to her, but certainly not pure as there is no beard/muffs

Does she have foot feathering? Maybe a dorking X faverolle? or toss in some cochin, too?

She has no feathering on her legs or feet, that was one of the first things I looked for. She does have a look similar to some of the salmon faverolles I have seen. I'm just suprised to find a cross breed in this flock, he prided himself on the purest strains available, they were his babys. Most of the others were 6 months-1 year old, she looks a bit older. A few cochins look about the same age, but there were no faverolles. Not sure what her deal is.
idunno.gif

Well, I doubt cochin as they have very heavily feathered feet. So really the only thing that fits is dorking, and she simply doesn't look like she has much dorking (maybe a bit, though).

One time, I got a bunch of EE chicks and a few had 5 toes. Probably some attempt to cross breed them at the hatchery, etc. She looks like a mutt, so you never know what you got. It wouldn't be that rare for a EE to lay brown eggs if there has been some recent crossing involved. As far as I know, the gene for green/blue eggs is a dominant, so if you carried recessives, you would get some brown-egg laying chickens from the offspring.

Anyone's guess is as good as mine
smile.png

If she were part faverolle, would the other parent have had to have five toes as well, or would the trait still carry over even if it only had the regular four? The same with the feathering? I once had a roo (sold to me as an amaracauna) Who took nearly two years to mature & at maturity developed tiny little feather shaft on his legs. He was colored just like a dark brahma, but had the EE beard. So brahma/EE cross still lent some feathering to the second generation roo. How many generations will these traits (extra toes/shank feathering) pass on?
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom