Five toed breeds

Ok, here goes my attempt at posting her pics.
79995_weird_chicken.jpg
79995_egg1.jpg
The second pic is one of her eggs.

She has no feathering on her legs or feet, that was one of the first things I looked for. She does have a look similar to some of the salmon faverolles I have seen. I'm just suprised to find a cross breed in this flock, he prided himself on the purest strains available, they were his babys. Most of the others were 6 months-1 year old, she looks a bit older. A few cochins look about the same age, but there were no faverolles. Not sure what her deal is.
idunno.gif
I was reading a Russian article about 5-toed chickens and that the anomaly can occur sometimes in a 4-toed breed. Silkies have the anomaly of having 4 toes sometimes or sometimes 6 toes or sometimes 4 toes on one foot and 6 toes on the other foot and some Silkies can be missing the feathering down their feet. Your beautiful Wheaten-colored girl looks like a Faverolles or French Meusienne (both have 5 toes but with foot-feathering) or you have a Meusienne missing her feathered toes, or you have a Cochin that sprouted the 5th toe anomaly. She is too full bodied to have EE in her since EEs stand tall and statuesque and are very lithe in their movements (but she does have the Ameraucana/EE look to her comb). Some EEs can have their muffs/beards missing. As for EE eggs they can be pink, cream, tinted, light brown, stone, blue, blue-green, sage, mint, and sometimes white whereas the APA Ameraucana should lay only bluish eggs. Although APA Ameraucanas and EEs usually have slate legs, my pure Blue Wheaten Ameraucana was born with very light legs and no hint of slate while her sister had nice slate legs with pretty blue hints in her feathering and one sister had a larger beard/muff - same hatch, same lineage, same parents, but the sisters looked totally different from each other. Anomalies are the very reason breeders cull their stock, or in some instances use an anomaly to create a new breed variation.

Can anyone tell me if Ayam Cemanis have 5 toes? I was given 2 chicks, though still not sure exact breed, that where said to be silkies at first. They are about 10 weeks old now and definitely not silkies! I posted a poc on here and was told ayam cemani, still not sure though. They are solid black but my rooster, Scratch, has 5 toes. I haven't been able to find anything about ayams having 5 toes or not...please help!

Can anyone tell me if Ayam Cemanis have 5 toes? I was given 2 chicks, though still not sure exact breed, that where said to be silkies at first. They are about 10 weeks old now and definitely not silkies! I posted a poc on here and was told ayam cemani, still not sure though. They are solid black but my rooster, Scratch, has 5 toes. I haven't been able to find anything about ayams having 5 toes or not...please help!

Silkies don't have straight combs but walnut combs and they have full crests, feathered legs/toes, and 5 toes each foot with fluffy fur rather than hard feathers. This isn't a Silkie you have. As for what breed it is I can't help but sure is a handsome fella.

Ok, SAVE MY MARRIAGE! LOL Hubby and I are arguing about Captain Friz. He has 5 toes. He is supposed to be purebred frizzle. So if frizzles don't have 5 toes, what is he? I can take toe pix tomorrow if that would help.
I have a Cochin frizzy that has 5 toes. They have been 5 since we got her at 3 days old. I am guessing that's what you have also.

My chickens I got in April look just like this! I don't know their breed either! I was told Silkie but they're definitely NOT silkies!

Silkies don't have straight combs but walnut combs and they have full crests, feathered legs/toes, and 5 toes each foot with fluffy fur rather than hard feathers.  This isn't a Silkie you have.  As for what breed it is I can't help but sure is a handsome fella.

You got them at TSC. I did too same ones

Back
Top Bottom