Flies no more!! Found the perfect fly repellent.

Haven't tried the trees yet, but have them on my grocery list. What is going on with all the flies??? They are abundant this year!

Quote:
Shelly, where do you get clear vanilla extract and orange oil? I bought pure vanilla extract from Walmart. Not only is it brown, its got corn syrup in it! Might get rid of mosquitoes but I'll have FLIES coming after me from the corn syrup! It's also got 35% alcohol.

I shoved one outside the front porch light and I have noticed the fly population is dwindling down a good bit. I need to put a few on the back of the house and wondering if I could tie one around my goats neck without him knowing it (or chewing it for that matter)

Well here is my results. The coop smells better. As long as I clean the poop off the poop tray they are less. If I skip a day they are there again. I can not tell they help with the flies really. I do like the smell better. LOL. Gloria Jean

Quote:
Well I have absolutely no flies of any kind.

I don't think it works for mosquitoes as well because I still get a few bites if I don't have insect repellent on me. It's just such a habit that anytime I'm going outside I have spray it on me. I think I'm going to try one of those OFF thingys that you clip on your pants so I don't have to keep putting DEET on my skin.

I heard those off things you put on your belt dont work
I grow catnip for skeeters I rub it on my arms and legs face neck etc it works as well as deet
I bet you have all the cats in the neighborhood at your house following you around:plbb:frow

http://www.ag.iastate.edu/news/releases/487/

Ok, I bought a few of the xl vanilla pine tree freshners. Put some around a couple of my coops and 1 in the kitchen. Much nicer smell. And actually, Ive noticed way less flies too!!! I need to buy some more though. They have been rained on and not as smelly good now.
Thanks for the idea!!

Kind of ignore flies...

But on the topic of those tree air freshiners, I LOVE the strawberry smelling one!!!! I get a new tree and pop it under my seat right in front of the air flow vent to make the car smell soo good!!!

Back
Top Bottom