Flies no more!! Found the perfect fly repellent.

Quote:
I think they might fall apart. I got one wet in my car once; what a mess.

That's a good idea about the plug ins too and worth a try. I use the glade fan plug ins all over my house so I might take a couple out to the coop today and see what happens.

Quote:
I've put probably a table spoon of water on my strawberry ones to get them to release scent again for a bit. Haven't had any fall apart yet, but if any water drips off, the drops are colored and can leave little marks.

Ya'll let them girls know you got electricity in them coops better watch out....Forget the curtains and bedskirt ...they will go on egg strike for climate control!
lau.gif

WOW thanks soooo much! I was about to resort to nasty old fly tape or just never opening the house doors again till FROST!!!!
lol.png

Quote:
The back and front porch were always swarming until we hung a couple of the trees by the door. No flies now...and consequently no flies in the house!

Pepboys has a 12 pack for $4.97
wink.png

BTW, I hung a fly tape in the largest silkie coop the same day I hung the vanilla trees. The fly tape has about 4 flies on it but a bunch of other kinds of bugs...gnats, mosquitos and other flying irritants!!

I think I'll try soaking on the trees in cheap imitation vanilla and see if it hold the scent and continues to keep them away.

Quote:
I think they might fall apart. I got one wet in my car once; what a mess.

That's a good idea about the plug ins too and worth a try. I use the glade fan plug ins all over my house so I might take a couple out to the coop today and see what happens.

I don't think I'd use plug ins around birds.

Those of you that get eaten alive...start taking B-vitamin supplements! I used to get eaten alive but when I started taking daily multi-vitamins I was no longer a "first course"...of course without spray I still get bitten occasionally, but nowhere near as much as I used to. I hadn't made the connection to vitamins for a long time until I saw somewhere that B-vitamins make a difference...then I thought of my daily vitamins! They do make straight up B-complex vitamins...the only issue I had with those was that they make your pee a funny color...lol

Back
Top Bottom