Flies no more!! Found the perfect fly repellent.

well for me the vanela trees i thought work but never to the fullest, and i did put a lot of them around. but of course it has been raining like no tomorrow

i use fly strips to trap the flies. sometimes flies are attracted to let over corn cobs and left overs of left overs you feed your chickens. remember to have a clean coop too!!

It worked for my coop! Put the trees up yesterday (4 in a 4 x 8 coop) and there were no flies today! My friends, who are helping me, couldn't believe it.

Day 3 of vanillaroma trees - a couple flies near the door, but not the 'humming swarms' we used to have and we leave the coop open all day, so the concentration of the smell is diluted.

i have a fly trap that smells to the high heavens and its seems to attract more flies than it kills and i have seen fllies go in and back out... :(
barnie.gif
i have coops that are mostly chicken wire with two walls (on both sides for rain and wind protection) and a roof and its against a wall so technically its three walls with the front side open will it still be effective???? if so then
wee.gif
YAY!

The most effective fly repellent that I've ever seen is the power to not attract them. A combination of deep litter and feeding fermented feeds has left me without a fly attractant. We haven't seen a fly in 2 years now and that first year I was raising 54 meat chickens....no smell, no flies. Bliss!!!

Back
Top Bottom