Flies no more!! Found the perfect fly repellent.

Gator I still think you are pulling our Cyber legs, but I am going to go get some of these vanilly thingys and see what happens. You have one of the worlds biggest cynics beginning to believe. Maybe that is the key if you beleive it will happen LOL. I wish i liked the smell of that artificial vanilla stuff on those trees.

If it does not work you will be getting a big I told you so. Just kidding I beleive you it just seems too simple to me.

Ok. Here is today's report. My DD cleaned three of the coops today and put in new shavings. When i arrived i noticed that out in the courtyard where she dropped some of the shavings there were some flies. In a panic, I raced into the coops to see what they were like...but there were no flies inside the pens. Whew!!! As soon as we raked up the shavings in the courtyard and hauled them away the flies disappeared. I am going to hang up another fresh stinky trap outside in the courtyard so any flies out in the open will be attracted to it. Those things gag me but they work d
Fairly well out in the open where the vanilla trees would get wet and be ineffective in short order.

OK...everybody...needing some reporting in from all ya'll that have tried the vanilla trees.!!
big_smile.png

My lamb was having trouble with flies bothering his castration band site, so I covered the area with vanilla extract. No more fly problems for him....thanks so much! I intend to make up a spray for the rest of my sheeples and myself.

Quote:
Well I have absolutely no flies of any kind.

I don't think it works for mosquitoes as well because I still get a few bites if I don't have insect repellent on me. It's just such a habit that anytime I'm going outside I have spray it on me. I think I'm going to try one of those OFF thingys that you clip on your pants so I don't have to keep putting DEET on my skin.

I grow catnip for skeeters I rub it on my arms and legs face neck etc it works as well as deet

http://www.ag.iastate.edu/news/releases/487/

Quote:
Ugh, I have these too. We have them in the garage too and I swear it smells like something has died in there. The smell is making me sick...even though they work great! I'm going to buy some of the vanilla fresheners and try that. Thanks for the idea!!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom