FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
I'm in Ocala
big_smile.png

Quote:
Cpartist has BEAUTIFUL BLRW and (I Think) wheaten americaunas - - - Not EE's . You will have to ask her about the vaccination for Mareks. .
She has welsummers and BCM's too. . . . .

Ah, thank you! I will send her a PM.
smile.png
I have had a hard time locating people around here that don't make me a little nervous with their biosecurity... when you ask if they have mareks vaccs and NPIP certs and they say 'what is that?' I run for the hills!

Anyone had experience with Funky Chicken Farm in Ocala? They seem like they know what they are doing!

I'll be going to the Sanford Farm Swap on the 12th of March - hopefully to grab a few chicks and some supplies.
smile.png
I'd really like to buy chicks from local breeders, but I'll order off of Mypetchicken if I have to...

I wonder if anyone local would let me use their incubator if I let them keep all the males and any I couldn't keep? I can only have 6 chickens so maybe if I ordered like 3-6 of each breed I wanted and picked which to raise, then whatever was left they could keep? Does that sound reasonable? XD

Anyone had experience with Funky Chicken Farm in Ocala? They seem like they know what they are doing!

never hear of them, do they have a website? where about in Ocala?
I've been a NPIP member since January
thumbsup.gif

nava i do not have pics of the parents but i got these eggs from DR keath a profesor at the university of arkansas dep of poultry science he has been working on this line for five years and has the naked neck gene so domninate that 100% of the chicks will be naked necked and about less then 1% will be totally naked (and i mean totaly no feather at all they are the freakyes looking birds you ever saw LOL when i first saw one
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
then i said
idunno.gif
what that is they look like littel dinosors i mean real dinosors DR keath will be Emailing and i will post them when i get then

Don't know about Ocala, but Funky Chicken farm is just down the road from me in West Melbourne, FL. They raise and sell lots of chicks. I personally haven't bought from them, but love their heirloom seeds. I also bought all my organic eggs from them prior to having my girls. Website is www.funkychickenfarm.com

These are nice people.

I hope I'm doing this right!

Munson, florida (landmark: between pensacola and crestview, northwest florida)

americana's, d'uccles, japanese fantails, bantam cochins, standard cochins, brown chinese geese, too many guineas, 4 peafowl!

I personally don't care for Funky Chicken in Melbourne. Visited them once and everything was filthy and smelled. Birds crammed in everywhere, fire ant mounds thatvwere huge right near runs. They advertise chicks they order in from hatcheries.

Back
Top Bottom