FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Thank you aj1971 for the offer. For now I have gotten a number of chicks and chickens that should keep me busy for a while. It will be a pleasure to hear cluck-clucking again.
Members of BYC have been kind and generous. There are times when I want to throw in the towel, but a hour or so on this site rejuvenates me.
Thank you all!
love.gif

Is this vaccine expensive and what the disadvantages of it.

It is a heck of sight cheaper than dealing with death due to respiratory issues associated with wet pox.
One bottle of the vaccine treats 500 birds. It is a "one time" use bottle. Once it is open and mixed, there is a couple of hour window to use it.

Disadvantages .... NONE...

Birds are exposed to fowl pox every time they are bitten by a mosquito.

Thank you aj1971 for the offer. For now I have gotten a number of chicks and chickens that should keep me busy for a while. It will be a pleasure to hear cluck-clucking again.
Members of BYC have been kind and generous. There are times when I want to throw in the towel, but a hour or so on this site rejuvenates me.
Thank you all! :love

I love this at bcy. I have met a lot of people who are very helpful and caring.

It is a heck of sight cheaper than dealing with death due to respiratory issues associated with wet pox.
One bottle of the vaccine treats 500 birds.  It is a "one time" use bottle.  Once it is open and mixed,  there is a couple of hour window to use it.

Where do I get this. And thank you for all the information. I truly appreciate it.

One bottle of the vaccine treats 500 birds. It is a "one time" use bottle. Once it is open and mixed, there is a couple of hour window to use it.

Where do I get this. And thank you for all the information. I truly appreciate it.
http://www.jefferspet.com/chick-n-pox-tc/camid/LIV/cp/F7-JE/
http://www.jefferspet.com/poxine-1000-ds/camid/LIV/cp/F7-J3/

Last edited:
Is this vaccine expensive and what the disadvantages of it.
It's not expensive, it runs between $8 and $10. It's hard to administer, and I would not do this vaccination by myself. One person hold the bird, while the other administers the vaccination. The biggest disadvantage to me is the vaccination itself, it's a wing web stick, and from personal experience, if you do not fully puncture the wing, they do not get the proper amount of the vaccine and can/will still contract the virus. That being said, I always vaccinate all my birds, Fowl Pox is a miserable disease, and once you have seen it in your flock, you will want to vaccinate too.

Hello from LaBelle! I'm new to BYC, thought I'd introduce myself :)

I'm Carlie and I love all my animal babies! I have 2 RIR Roos, 2 RIR hens, 7 Barred Rocks hens, 1 red sex link hen, 1 black sex link hen,3 ameracaunas (1 month old), 5 blue Orpington's (1-4 weeks old), 30 eggs hatching :jumpy, 1 hog:D, 2 Labrador retrievers, 1 German Shepard and counting!!! :D

I am from Brooksville, and have a coop full of brown egg layers. I am looking to get into raising White Cornish, so if any of y'all know a breeder of them down here, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom