Frederick, MD Poultry show coming soon!!!

Hey everyone I am back from Costa Rica! Ahhh! I have so many birds to wash! Some may be staying home. I didnt realize jetlag would be so bad. I'm taking silkies (3 black 1 blue 1 buff 1 porcelain), 3 buff orpingtons, 4 standard blue cochins, and a couple rosecombs.

April, I'm still hopefully planning on bringing my silkie boys for you to evaluate for me since you have way more experience than me. Would Saturday or Sunday work better for you? Anyone else who wants to critue them can too if they'd like.
smile.png

Brody's Broodello :

Quote:
Hey Hannah,
Glad you made it back ok. Either day would be fine for me. See ya at the show!
April

Thanks April, I went down to the pens and 10 days really makes a difference. Color bleeding into the hackles so their definitely going to the show for sale. My favorite boy has two barely noticeable red tinted feathers in his hackle area. Ughhh! I have to pick one black cockerel entered in the show so it'll will probably be him. My partridge hen got her crest feathers pulled out so she's staying at home. It rained so much and the cochins are muddy. This is going to be so much fun washing everyone.​

Brody's Broodello :

M@M@2four :

Brody's Broodello :

Don't call me to help! Cold wet silkies! BBRRR!!!!

LOL! I know!!! I'll be setting them up in the house I guess....
roll.png
I'm laying old sheets down now!
smile.png

Kenny washed the dottes the day before yesterday and guess where he insisted they saty to dry. YOU GUESSED IT! The bathroom! Large fowl & bantams, crowing for the last 2 days! Only have to wash a Salmon & 3 Seramas! Oh looking for club members to Vol for the raffle table for Susquehanna. It's gonna have chairs to sit at! Interested?​

lol-no. I am gonna be a tad busy with 4 children, show birds, and sale birds. Can't we just assign our children to the table?!
smile.png

Can anyone point me to who might have bantam orpington stock for sale? Looking for blue and/or black hens or whites (hens/roos)? Might also be interested in LF orpingtons, depending on lineage.

Thanks

I enjoyed this show alot and getting to see and meet everyone
smile.png
Im happy with how my birds did i got champion Med. with my light brown leghorn and reserve champion RCCL with my belgian beared quail d'anvers in junior
smile.png
but i must say i was no match against hannah misners birds haha
tongue.png
(congrats
smile.png
) hope to see everyone again soon

Brody's Broodello :

Congrats to all the winners. Hannah won BIG TIME! Congats Girlfriend! Way to go!

Thankyou everyone for the congratulations! This was probably my last show as a junior since I'll be 18 in February. Here are my results:

English

Buff Orpington Pullet- 1st, BV, BB, Best English, Champion Largefowl, Best in Show!
Buff Orpington Pullet- 2nd, RV, RB, Reserve English
Buff Orpington Cockerel- 1st

Featherleg

Bearded Black Silkie Pullet- 1st, BV, BB, Best Featherleg, Reserve Champion Bantam
Bearded Black Silkie Pullet- 2nd, RV
Bearded Black Silkie Cockerel- 1st
Bearded Blue Silkie Pullet- 1st, BV
Bearded Buff Silkie Pullet- 1st, BV
Bearded Porcelain Silkie Pullet- 1st, BV

RCCL

Black Rosecomb Pullet #81- 1st, BV, BB
Black Rosecomb Pullet- 2nd, RV
Blue Rosecomb Pullet- 1st, BV

Continental

Salmon Faverolle Pullet- 1st, BV, BB, Best Continental

AOSB

Blue Ameraucana Pullet- 1st, BV, BB, Best AOSB

Asiatic

Black Cochin Pullet #4- 1st, BV, BB, Best Asiatic, Reserve Champion Largefowl
Black Cochin Pullet #3- 2nd, RV
Blue Cochin Pullet #1- 1st, BV, RB, Reserve Asiatic
Blue Cochin Pullet #7- 2nd, RV (Light in Color, Good Type)

I want to personally thank the judges, Kay st. Amour, and everyone else who contributed on helping/tearing the show a round of applause. Without them shows like this wouldn't be possible!
smile.png
Also thanks to April for the partridge cockerel. I put him in with Rachelle and he seemed to ike her already
wink.png

does anyone know who had the Langshans that had a choc. tint to them? Lg F too. They were toward the back on top row left side when you first walk in? I forgot to get the # so I could look up the breeder.
Way to go to all the winners!
Erin sorry I missed you!
Tammy can you tell me who the nice lady was that we talked to about the call ducks?
I hope to show some of mine next year after checking it out and getting all the info. I could out of Tammy.
Erin you can fill my head with all your info. too.
Tammy if you can get your birds tested in time for the VA show let me know. I'd like to go to that one too.
It was nice to meet some new people from around here. Loved checking out all the birds was some very nice ones.

Sorry put wrong breed. was talking chickens with a friend and put the breed she was talking about down.
he.gif
barnie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom