Free chick from McMurray

would the free chick be from the same class (ie large fowl or bantam) as the rest of the order? I have 2 unidentified chicks still and one of them must be the free chick. But one of them is significantly smaller than the other chicks. Soo, I'm wondering if he could even be a bantam? If not, then would the white egg layers be smaller than the heavier breeds even at this age (2 weeks)?

I just received my order of Orpingtons this morning and I am very happy with Mcmurray. I have no clue what my mystery chick actually is however.

AHHHH im so eggcited!!! mine hatch out this fri or sat so ill get them?? what day did you get them? where are you located?: how many did you order? did any die... pick of your free chick please
wee.gif

I am going to take a better pick of my free chick when I get home from work and as soon as I do I will post it. I live in central Florida and I left work when they called me at 7 am to get them. When I got them they were all alive and very active I might add. They went straight for the food and water and were running all over their broader area.

I had heard plenty of horror stories too about other hatcheries. That is why I decided on Mcmurray and so far I am very impressed. I also ordered ducks and turkeys from them that I am expecting over the next 2 months.

Wow, I only ordered 3 ducks, lol. The only reason I got them (wasn't in the original plans) was a deal I made with my son if he got all A's. What kind of ducks did you order?

Back
Top Bottom