French frogs

Ended up with 16/17, one died in lockdown.  This is my best turkey hatch ever.  I have two more sets in the incubator so I'll be hoping to improve on that!

Flockin A!!! :highfive:

Nice job! And sounds like the GQF all the way is the way to go, lol!

Well I suppose I'm a Little late, attribute it to the 6-800 miles

WV I have my first internal call duck pip

lol... better a little late than a lot late... :D ;)

Well, we are pretty special ;)
Ducks and turkeys are 4 weeks, so we'll go with that :highfive:
Woohoo! Nice!! :love
(these aren't Oz's silkies yet, are they?)
:celebrate :clap you can do this!
Thank ya ;)
That's awesome! Congrats on a great hatch! :clap

Nope, not Doritos Silkies yet... these are just a few of mine I tossed in...

Hamburger and glass....

At this point I would vote for something a bit stronger.....

Hi lol Il plug Kik

:confused:

I think you're pocket BYCing, either that or I want some of what you got!

Sign me up for some too, please!

Oh, for the love o'...

I pulled eggs out from under her yesterday, then forgot to see where she chose to sleep. This afternoon, there was nothing under her but feet, and, after half-heartedly going after me when I looked under her, she wiggled around to get my hand in the best position for incubation...

So, when's the soonest that you'd give a broody chicks/how old is too old for chicks to go to a broody?

Hi frawgs!!

I'm exhausted, but it was certainly a good day. I learned a lot and should definitely be able to catch on quickly to everything. There are lots of similarities to my old job and even their mainframe system is easy to navigate.

I hope everyone had a great day! I feel guilty...I skipped over the 61 or so posts that I didn't read. I'm too sleepy.
big_smile.png

Hugs all around!!
hugs.gif

Hi frawgs!!

I'm exhausted, but it was certainly a good day. I learned a lot and should definitely be able to catch on quickly to everything. There are lots of similarities to my old job and even their mainframe system is easy to navigate.

I hope everyone had a great day! I feel guilty...I skipped over the 61 or so posts that I didn't read. I'm too sleepy.
big_smile.png

Hugs all around!!
hugs.gif

WooHoo - so, so, so happy to read this!

Hi frawgs!!

big_smile.png

Hugs all around!!
hugs.gif

Happy for you, Deb! I'm sure you'll make some new friends there too!

Hi frawgs!!

I'm exhausted, but it was certainly a good day.  I learned a lot and should definitely be able to catch on quickly to everything.  There are lots of similarities to my old job and even their mainframe system is easy to navigate.

I hope everyone had a great day!  I feel guilty...I skipped over the 61 or so posts that I didn't read.  I'm too sleepy.  :D

Hugs all around!!  :hugs

Very good to hear, sleep well!

One of the cuckoo patterned pullets from your eggs flew up and landed on my shoulder while I was walking through the grow out pen.  She sat on my shoulder and kept looking me in the eye.  A little creepy, I do have trust issues when a beak is that close to my face, but she just looked me over then flew off when she was done.

For more than 15 years, my flock has been an income producing flock.  I don't typically get up close and personal with the birds.  If it's time to cull one, it is culled with no regrets.  Old hens are sent off to stew pots, either mine or a Craigslist buyer.  But this new flock might just change my ways.

One of the Spitz hens is showing a lot of interest.  While she hasn't landed on me, she does follow me around the coop and watch what I do.  

I'm glad they are friendly. I understand what you mean, some birds can worm their way into your heart.

Hi frawgs!!

I'm exhausted, but it was certainly a good day.  I learned a lot and should definitely be able to catch on quickly to everything.  There are lots of similarities to my old job and even their mainframe system is easy to navigate.

I hope everyone had a great day!  I feel guilty...I skipped over the 61 or so posts that I didn't read.  I'm too sleepy.  :D

Hugs all around!!  :hugs

Glad to hear it went well!!

Got home and went and picked up eggs! Guess who showed up! My olive egger hen was there this evening. No clue where she was hiding this morning, but I'm glad she wasn't raccoon food.

Back
Top Bottom