French frogs

1.  How old?
2.  All housed together?
3.  Any of the following symptoms:  hunched shoulders, ruffled feathers, dull eyes, dry, dull leg scales, skinny toes or shanks, pale rather than pink under the wings?  Exactly what does the poop look like?  

The first thing I do when diagnosing a sudden onset is to go back to basics.  That means clean, fresh water with NO additives or supplements (too much salt or acid can throw off digestion).  I feed cooked scrambled or mashed hard boiled eggs and cooked oatmeal as a recovery diet.  

I check the feed sources for spoilage by smelling.  Chick feed can go stale, grains can grow aflatoxins, sprouted grains can get moldy, improperly fermented feed can harbor all sorts of toxic things.  Waterers can grow algae, and the red algae is toxic.  Use your nose.  If you wouldn't taste it, don't feed it.  

Thankyou for your time!

The chicks are all 7 wks, 3 were seperated from about 2 wks on.

Under the wings looked veiny... Im thinkn u mean this is pale, i took a pic for you. All of them feel very skinny... Poop looks good, tails are down, feathers arent rumpled, and eyes are clear...

Waterers are cleaned weekly around here. I use FF, but the chicks get crumble. I dug around in the bag, its about a week old, smells great, no clumps, or wetness. Its a half used 50# sack of unmedicated starter. Dumor brand...

I only used two gallons of the probios and electros, i dont use anything for them constantly.

Is there anything i missed andything else you want to See? I really appreciate this!

Sally i saw your response too! :hugs i will be Right Back to respond! Birds are gobblin and quacking about feed up time...

@mixedUPturk
he should be ashamed for that mess of a "pansyazzmonkeybuttmanpostingrampagingpizzdrinkingerkingoffchitpostingunmanlyactofstuffIcantmentionchit"

but I will post for you any time Turk since he is incapable of a normal post without incorporating any sort of of something to imply something of someother ugggggg  nevermind

Turk look at this post post #4779   at the bottom "Add 2 Tbsp to each gallon of drinking water"  let me know how it goes ok? and I am sorry about your chicks turk:hugs it really sucks wish you woulda asked me bout them

:hugs i try not to ask anyone these things directly because i never know if your busy or something and i dont wanna disturb anyone at work, WV ;) :gig ive been reading on this All day, tryn to find out by myself. litterally ive sat here reading for like 6 hours today...

Ill def let u know how it goes, i read that post and im going to read furthure now. Ive got raised waterers and feeders to keep them cleaner... As well as keeping poultry waterers...

:hugs i try not to ask anyone these things directly because i never know if your busy or something and i dont wanna disturb anyone at work, WV ;) :gig ive been reading on this All day, tryn to find out by myself. litterally ive sat here reading for like 6 hours today...

Ill def let u know how it goes, i read that post and im going to read furthure now. Ive got raised waterers and feeders to keep them cleaner... As well as keeping poultry waterers...
I'd always ask directly, it's faster than reading. As far as posting when people are at work, have you noticed how dead this place is on the weekends? :gig

hugs.gif
i try not to ask anyone these things directly because i never know if your busy or something and i dont wanna disturb anyone at work, WV
wink.png
gig.gif
ive been reading on this All day, tryn to find out by myself. litterally ive sat here reading for like 6 hours today...

you can ask me anytime turk
hugs.gif
good luck

Back
Top Bottom