French frogs

I finally found some Not Your Fathers Root Beer today. Not too bad! Also trying some quail for the first time. Kroger had some, so we might consider raising some if this goes well :)
Rite Aid and those types of stores sell liquor here now, but only beer in grocery stores.

Edit quail was good! Now to find some hatching eggs :)

I like quail too! We have a ton of them running wild here, Dad goes out and gets a few. How did you cook it?

We ate at a new seafood place in town that is phenomenal. Also has the best margaritas I've ever had in a restaurant. Mrs Flock was driving, so tonight I need to add "ed up" to my username. You guys have a good evening :frow

Mmmm I like me a good Margarita

I like quail too! We have a ton of them running wild here, Dad goes out and gets a few. How did you cook it?
Mmmm I like me a good Margarita

There were 4 in the box, and had been butterflied down the breast, so I put them skin side up (as suggested on the box) and seasoned all 4 differently. One with just salt/pepper, one with seasoning salt, one with wing dust, and one with a Cajun seasoning. Baked about 30 minutes, split them down the center so we could both try all 4 seasonings. The wing dust was my favorite, but they were all good.

Howdy....:frow

Quail are good stuffed with wild rice mix and baked. Yummy!

I found a CL ad near me (doesn't say what type of quail though) call only, and it went to voicemail and the voicemail box has not been set up, so I couldn't leave a message. Will try again, or wait for some of yours, next time hubby makes a trip your way. :)

Back
Top Bottom