~French Marans Show - Ends 7/24/17~

what a lovely body type but her comb let her down ,
I m afraid she ll be disqualify because of the comb .
major faults- 1)irregular ( should have 5 well defined points). 2)floppy ( should be straight ) and 3) has a double comb point ( forked point )on the second point .
double comb point is a disqualify by it self .

shame she ll do great in the breeding pen with a well marked roo with a gorgeous comb.

chooks man

View attachment 1084999
I haven't uploaded a picture before so I'm not sure I did it right and I'm not sure I have the right pictures to enter but I will try. Anyways this is Cleo my French black copper maran

not enough photos of Cleo .
no much to see .
we need side photo
the back
legs
eyes
comb
rear

by the way I like her body type and her 2 sister in the back .all 3 are short on they feet .medium structure , plus well rectangular body .

better photos please

chooks man

what a lovely body type but her comb let her down ,
I m afraid she ll be disqualify because of the comb .
major faults- 1)irregular ( should have 5 well defined points). 2)floppy ( should be straight ) and 3) has a double comb point ( forked point )on the second point .
double comb point is a disqualify by it self .

shame she ll do great in the breeding pen with a well marked roo with a gorgeous comb.

chooks man
Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate that! I was wondering why she didn't place as well as one of my other hens at a show, since she was so much bigger. Now I know. Thanks for clearing that up!

here are the Fault that cause the disqualification of any marans chooks from the show .
1) luck of mass - chooks under the minimum weight Coq under 3Kg and Hen under 2.5K
2) black eyes
3) side sprig and forked comb point .coronation comb
4) White ears lobe
5) yellow feet
if the chooks are shown in USA

if they are shown in France than we have to add = Absence of the red shoulder on the coq.

anything else will cause the chooks to loose points but not disqualify .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom