Frostbite on baby chicks?

I would use my own judgement on chick 3. Do you have any newer picture? Soaking probably would not hurt, but is it necessary?
Chick 3- from tonight. I’m not sure if it is necessary. The bandage is from a missing toenail
28D72E96-C3CE-450B-AE35-66A204F19376.jpeg
D5BE0A92-4EE3-48BE-B1B4-5E0943CCAFFD.jpeg
44E52AAD-F0A3-4388-9C49-7E2490558B85.jpeg

Did Little Foot lose her toes/feet yet?
Not yet. I’ll take pictures tomorrow morning because I think her right foot is about to fall off. Nothing is red but her right foot looks pretty swollen. Not infection swollen just kind of swollen. At least I hope not infection swollen. She’s been walking on the tips of her toes to get around so I think it’s putting pressure on them. I’ve been wrapping her feet all the way down to the toes to try and help her out.

Not yet. I’ll take pictures tomorrow morning because I think her right foot is about to fall off. Nothing is red but her right foot looks pretty swollen. Not infection swollen just kind of swollen. At least I hope not infection swollen. She’s been walking on the tips of her toes to get around so I think it’s putting pressure on them. I’ve been wrapping her feet all the way down to the toes to try and help her out.
It could be infection swollen. Hopefully not.
Poor thing. I hope she learns how to get around okay on whatever's left.

It could be infection swollen. Hopefully not.
Poor thing. I hope she learns how to get around okay on whatever's left.
I know all about infection swelling. Unfortunately. 😞 One of my roosters had too much of a run in with it. That’s why I’m over bandaging her feet really. Hopefully I can get good pictures tomorrow and if I need to start her on antibiotics I will. I have some tylan and one that starts with a C, I don’t remember the name and the label has worn off, from my rooster. I just hope I don’t have to go that route. :fl

I know all about infection swelling. Unfortunately. 😞 One of my roosters had too much of a run in with it. That’s why I’m over bandaging her feet really. Hopefully I can get good pictures tomorrow and if I need to start her on antibiotics I will. I have some tylan and one that starts with a C, I don’t remember the name and the label has worn off, from my rooster. I just hope I don’t have to go that route. :fl
👍

Back
Top Bottom