Funny Chicken Names

When I got chickens a couple years ago, the children of the breeder named a lilac orpington Oprah Winfrey so I named all the chickens after news or talk show hosts. I had Katie (Couric) Ellen (Degeneres), Rosie (O'Donnell), Barbara (Walters), etc.

Loretta layin'
Audrey HenBurn
Eleanor featherfoot,
Elazapeak,
Harriett,
CinaHen (cinnamom),
BourHen and her twin sister Coke,
Miss Krista (our mean hen she's named after me)
Henrietta,
And Foghorn-Leghorn (husband named rooster)

& I just got 4 new ones yesterday that are un-named at this moment, but ones a Leghorn so I may name her miss prissy lol

Our mamma hen's name was "Red Ironheart" cause she had beautiful red feathers...we have a naughty
1f608.png
roo named, "Chapo 'Chapito' (Guzman) Ironheart", a black hen, "General Ironheart" and her sister a lovely brown hen,"Molasses"! I'm so happy we're not the only to name our Cheekins!!

We had a Briar Rose but she was a ferret. :)

My chickens are: Hattie and Blanche.
The new chicks are: Wilma, Ingrid, Lucy, Grimelda, Jolene

Last edited:
No, I think it's pretty common for people to name their hens. Several of mine respond to their individual names. Even our roos have names, but it does make it much harder to process them.

Our daughter went & trained several chickens to do tricks, so now we even have some "pets."
0.jpg

We are chick may,17,2017

Australorp
Ripley and Hen-Solo

Buff Orpington
Goldilock and Amelia Egghart

Leghorn
Foghorn Leghorn and Bok Bok Choy

Ameraucana
Booker R. ( off Garfield and friends) and Lady Egsalot

Light Brahma
Miss.Cora Ann Annie Yolkley

hi everyone ,, we have just started out oyr chicken loving family.. we have 3 .. a isa brown i named her Penny, Australorp x rhode islnad red i called her beauty and a Leghorn i called Prissy, we llive in Nsw and we are thinking of getting another 3 of the same breed :)

Back
Top Bottom