Genetics Calculator Pure Breed Dictionary

Pics
My Legbar seems close to white...
View attachment 2447508

Compared to a Dominique...
View attachment 2447509
Interesting... maybe he's heterozygous for light barring? He still has some distinct black marks on him so I don't think he is homozygous for light barring. Or he could be normal barred but just has more white on him.

Do you have any extended black hens (regular barred would work because you would still be able to see light barring on the pullets) you could breed him to? Some of the offspring would inherit light barring if he has it and it would be easy to see on a black base.

This is really a nice thread, you have had a really good idea. :)Here is a picture of my Ayam Cemani Rooster if you want to use it. I will try to get other pictures of the hens and from the other breeds I have.

9E6206B0-4AB7-4CF1-926A-D90E38FAA9C7.jpeg

@ChickForLife I will add your Polishes aswell as the wyandotte, along with my dominique after I figure out what is happening. The edit button on the original post has dissapeared.
@EmmaRainboe I saw your report, give me some time and I will see if I can get it all changed. :)

Over on @black_cat 's gentics thread, a few of us have started playing with this chicken gentics calculator. I wanted to create a kind of dictionary with a bunch of pure breeds that we can sort of begin on. Feel free to join and also to correct eachother if we are wrong with a gene that a purebreed has. Also feel free to copy the different genes off the images to get pure breeds to begin on in the calculator! Please include both the male and female conterparts just so it's easier to follow.

Click the name of the bird and it will take you to an image with all the gene's

Picture of the real bird also included.

Blue Wheaten Ameraucana
Credit: @EmmaRainboe
Picture Needed.
Splash Wheaten Ameraucana
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.
Lavender Ameraucana
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.

Silver Laced Wyandotte
Credit: @ChickForLife
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.

Golden Laced Wyandotte
Red Laced Blue Wyandotte
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.

Polish
Gold Laced Polish Rooster
Gold Laced Polish Hen
Picture Needed
SilverLaced Polish

Rhode Island Red
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.
New Hampshire
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.

White Leghorn
Credit: @FuzzyCritters
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.

Dark Brahma
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.
Light Brahma
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.

Cream Legbar
Credit: @FuzzyCritters/kinda @EmmaRainboe (but mostly @FuzzyCritters)
Picture Needed.

Golden Crele Legbar
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.

White Legbar
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.

Blue Bearded Silkie
Credit: @ChickForLife/@EmmaRainboe with help from @FuzzyCritters
Picture Needed.
Lavender Silkie
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.
Paint Silkie
Black Silkie

Ayam Cemani
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.

Buff Orpington
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.

Lavender Orpington
Picture Needed.
Picture Needed.

In progress

Barred Rock
Dominique
Rooster
Hen
(Pictures Needed)

Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed! Whether you do a whole breed, correct one that's wrong, or even just provide a picture! Thank You!
- @FuzzyCritters
- @ChickForLife
- @RoostersAreAwesome
- @duckiemum
- @sunsetchicks6
I was able to add text and spoilers however your link to embed goes nowhere. Look this over and see if I got some of it right, :oops: and let me know what else to add, embed or fix. :)

Interesting... maybe he's heterozygous for light barring? He still has some distinct black marks on him so I don't think he is homozygous for light barring. Or he could be normal barred but just has more white on him.

Do you have any extended black hens (regular barred would work because you would still be able to see light barring on the pullets) you could breed him to? Some of the offspring would inherit light barring if he has it and it would be easy to see on a black base.

That's a good idea. I updated the original post with a photo of a Legbar x Dominique cockerel. He looks a lot like the Dominique rooster. I have a couple of pullet chicks from the same cross that might show something different as they feather out.

Back
Top Bottom