Not the best pictures but I don't have any solid red body birds lol and his flight and tail feathers are blue. His comb is now the same size as in the picture but the little spikes are about 3 times longer now. I do know he's part Phoenix because I can already tell it by his tail.
Screenshot_20230803_211503_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230803_211353_Gallery.jpg

That’s female patterning? I was pretty sure it’s related to buff. I’ve seen a lot of mixed roosters with self buff in their background with that same patterning.
No Buff, in the background. Father is a Leaky Blue, OEGB/Phoenix cross, & mother a BB Red Ayam Ketawa.

A couple more honorable mentions from my flock. A Liege fighter Phoenix cross. He has the Liege build and coloring but only a couple pounds bigger than a Phoenix. He does have the Phoenix tail so thats a plus.

The last one is a Liege crossed with a crossed hen with blue lacing. He has blue lacing as well so I'll try to get some chicks out of him and see what happens.
Screenshot_20230803_201312_Gallery.jpg
20230709_085600.jpg
Screenshot_20230803_214157_Gallery.jpg

No Buff, in the background. Father is a Leaky Blue, OEGB/Phoenix cross, & mother a BB Red Ayam Ketawa.
I didn’t mean that it was only found in buff crosses, just that it seems a gene responsible for some of the makeup of self buff is what’s causing that pattern. A gene (or combination of genes) which could be in many other color varieties.

I didn’t mean that it was only found in buff crosses, just that it seems a gene responsible for some of the makeup of self buff is what’s causing that pattern. A gene (or combination of genes) which could be in many other color varieties.
Father does have leakage in the breast, but he was originally solid blue breasted at 6 months. I don't have a picture of him when younger. Another oddity about the father, that I yet need to get a picture of is his pointy breast feathers. It's like he has hackle feathers on his chest.
20201119_133205.jpg

The pointy breast feathers on the father of the Ayam Ketawa mix's Father.

There's some rounded ones too, but it's the pointy ones that are interesting, were the main focus.
20230804_094820.jpg
20230804_094923.jpg
20230804_095208.jpg
20230804_095434.jpg

I should have posted this one as well lol I only have a young picture to show off his breast color pattern. Over all color pattern looks to be birchen with double lacing on the breast. I assume he's another Liege Phoenix cross because he has the Liege birchen pattern, slanted black eyes, black comb and wattles when younger and freakishly long legs. Phoenix straight comb and tail. Camera doesn't do him justice because the white feathers with no yellowing contrast with the blackest feathers I've seen on a chicken. His black wing and tail feathers turn a blue neon with a hent of purple in the sun. 2nd picture was right before rain hit today and you can still see a lot of the iridescence. To many options of who to keep or cull lol

Screenshot_20230805_192304_Gallery.jpg
20230805_162744.jpg

Back
Top Bottom