german shepherd stud services

Houston7studs

Hatching
Oct 27, 2015
Houston tx
I have a 3 year old male German shepherd. He is very smart, energetic and full blooded. I would like for people to contact me only if they have a full blooded female German shepherd. I live in the Houston area. Willing to travel at owners expense. He is not for sale. Only a breeder. $250 per female. 832_946_8366. Pictures will be sent via text message.

welcome-byc.gif
What health checks/certifications has he had?

to get a female, you will want to have his pedigree online for viewing. link to his OFA hip and elbow scores. many now expect to see DM genetic testing as well. "never been injured or had surgery" means absolutely nothing. Many hip issues are only diagnosed through x-ray and can be found before a dog ever shows symptoms
they will want to know what titles he has. what training he has. basic proof of temperament and structure from an unbiased evaluation though titling or breed survey.

they will also ask for this information on at least the last 4 generations of his pedigree.

to get a female, you will want to have his pedigree online for viewing.   link to his OFA hip and elbow scores.   many now expect to see DM genetic testing as well.    "never been injured or had surgery" means absolutely nothing.   Many hip issues are only diagnosed through x-ray and can be found before a dog ever shows symptoms
they will want to know what titles he has.  what training he has.     basic proof of temperament and structure from an unbiased evaluation though titling or breed survey.

they will also ask for this information on at least the last 4 generations of his pedigree.
x2

he is akc registered. all vaccines up to date. frontline plus shots. his hips are fine, never been injured nor had a surgery.
The hip issue being referred to isn't from injuries. It's about genetic testing for the hips. Have they been xrayed and certified? What about all the other genetic breed tests? Is there a show record? AKC registration alone means nothing.

We breed working/show line GSD's and import breeding stock from Germany. There are 2 absolute tests that need to be ran on GSD's. First you need OFA/Pen-Hip certs (prelim x-rays at 1 yr old and certification at 2 yrs old). If your dog is not cert'd you just need to have one set of X-rays taken and certified since he is 3 yrs old. The second one is DM, this is blood test to find out the status of clear, carrier, positive. Also multigenerational pedigree (usually 5-7 generations) need to be provided as well as the line breeding score. Also as mentioned above, titles and records should be accompanied.

I can't stress enough that both parents must have the above certifications, all of them and able to provide proof with the puppies.

I can tell you that the cost for me to stud one of my dogs out to a qualified *****, begins at $2500.

Last edited:
I am going to give you an idea of what I look for in a stud. I have 2 female german shepherds that I am trying to breed for my first two litters. This is after working with the breed for well over 10 years. Both of my females have 'a' stamps for hips and elbows (the german equivalent of OFA), DM tests, have a conformation rating, and are titled in IPO and SDA. IPO is tracking, obedience, and protection while SDA is obedience and protection. I do all of my training and trialing. This is in addition to a strong pedigree.

Both of the males I picked both have those health tests and titles also. One was on the world team and won multiple IPO championships.

Basically if you have a dog that you want to put up for stud, you need to have something special that people with quality dogs would want. As a bare minimum, official hips and elbow are a must. The dog must also have a good pedigree which take experience to know if it does. I personally wouldn't breed to a dog without titles because it shows dedication of the owner and it shows the strengths and weaknesses of the dog. There is no perfect dog, and it is important to know what needs improvement. Then there is also temperament, other health problems, and conformation to consider.

Back
Top Bottom