Getting Goat kids

I'm asking another question today.
I'm beginning to see I have hit a roadblock taming Tori and Heidi. They seem to have stalled as far as they will advance as far as actually catching them. Should I start catching them and petting them daily?
They come up and eat from a bowl but still not willing to let me do anything to them.

Jeepers... :th
Not saying you can't do it, just saying I just never pushed the issue. Scared goats are crazy goats, and they will run you over, or even leap over your head, so be careful. I'd get a halter on them and than work with them, and see how it goes. Hopefully someone more experienced with taming will pop in.

Not saying you can't do it, just saying I just never pushed the issue. Scared goats are crazy goats, and they will run you over, or even leap over your head, so be careful. I'd get a halter on them and than work with them, and see how it goes. Hopefully someone more experienced with taming will pop in.
They have collars and dingly dangles to catch them. They bawl like a wolf has caught them though.

I have decided to sell the new goats. I tried introducing them again and wasn't a successful situation. Being mine have horns they totally abuse the smaller goats. Oh well I tried. Plus these two little goats are not tame at all. :th

Goats beat each other up. It always took me a long time to integrate new goats into my herd. Glad you found them a new home. Babies will be a much easier thing to increase your numbers, plus way more adorable. :)

My goats always have access to the pasture and they build tolerance as it comes in. We still feed hay during that transition period too so they slow down.

Goats beat each other up. It always took me a long time to integrate new goats into my herd. Glad you found them a new home. Babies will be a much easier thing to increase your numbers, plus way more adorable. :)

My goats always have access to the pasture and they build tolerance as it comes in. We still feed hay during that transition period too so they slow down.
Oh okay. But mine are penned but I let them out daily to graze. I always have 24/7 hay available too. Thanks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom