Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Ah the eggs.

I just did a quick look as I got bogged down on a separate issue.

I am using a Supa-dupa flash light that let's you see through blue eggs like they are white. I saw lots of beyond in the leg bars and even the pheasant.

We will do a full candle at 10 days and cull but so far out looks like a promising hatch.

I can't believe I still have 16 days in country. Normally I am getting back on a plane by now.

I must be getting acclimated. I feel asleep on top of the bed totally exhausted at 8pm. I woke up at 4am so cold I turned off the ac and had a hot shower to warm up

:highfive:

I may have to try a few. I have seen them as low as 50 watts whoch is all I need in a brooder
We got a heat lamp with a power level setting, so I can use the 75W bulb at either 75W or 37,5W, worked pretty well. Only design flaw was that it wasn't marked, so it took some experimenting with a thermometer to see which mode was which. Then I painted a I and II to indicate the settings with some lovely nail polish.

The island we live on is under a constant state of road works. With very few enforcers of road laws, the sugar cane trucks can easily carry double the axle limit and beat up the road.

The highway has a 2km stretch that is down to one lane and has a thirty minute delay.

Due to my lack of patience I tried another route to bacolod and it was a treat!

I not only experienced no traffic, I traveled on a nice quality road. I took it easy as I did not know conditions and it took 2:15. taking the highway at the same time of day and without the big delay from road works would have taken three hours.

I had time to do some pc maintenance for Mrs Oz before heading off to the gymnastics extravaganza.

Toni did well in her exhibition and both kids received medals of participation in the summer program. School is back next week. Toni will do ballet while Lorenzo will continue gymnastics.

Tomorrow is feed delivery day. 1960lbs of feed.

I will try and start advertising on olx.com.ph as they won't let me set up the acc with a us ip address. I need to buy a new drill as mine is worth out and replacing the chuck is not worth it.

5 more boxes I sent with clothes from generous San Diego byc-ers arrived so excited need to sort stuff.

Then it's wait till pig semen is delivered and back off to the farm.

The adventure continues.

Oz, are you going to do the insemination yourself, or use the local guy? I'm told it's not that difficult of a process, and if your still considering importing the semen yourself, pig semen apparently is one of the more easier ones to keep viable.

Loads of potential for humor too...
TSA-official: "What's that?" Oz: "You don't wanna know..."

And it's not every day you get to say "I impregnated a pig yesterday" (Except if you do that for a living)

Oz, are you going to do the insemination yourself, or use the local guy? I'm told it's not that difficult of a process, and if your still considering importing the semen yourself, pig semen apparently is one of the more easier ones to keep viable.

Loads of potential for humor too...
TSA-official: "What's that?" Oz: "You don't wanna know..."

And it's not every day you get to say "I impregnated a pig yesterday" (Except if you do that for a living)
I am doing it myself.

I saw it done once, did some reseearch and watched a youtube.

I am almost an expert.

Pig semen can be shipped fresh or frozen

I have contemplated getting a liquid nitrogen set up and doing semen distribution fpr goats pigs and cattle later on

Back
Top Bottom