Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Thanks for the ideas. When I get some decent internet I will check them out.

Rats can live their whole lives in a coconut tree so they are hard to control as they are being 100 feet in the air. We do take them out will drum traps and good old fashion rat poison. The last worker did not feed them enough.

The cats will also get a special can of sardines this week

I have found drum traps to be the cheapest and most effective, while easy to maintain. I normally link a vid but I know you have net speed issues, so a pic will have to do.

I have used this method all around the world, and rats and mice fall for it the same over. Can use water in the bottom or leaved it dry and kill them by gassing or what ever method you prefer.

http://fivegallonideas.com/bucket-mouse-trap/

I have also used a thick rope as a ramp, no regular reset needed, maybe stick some scratch to the PB to make it totally irresistible. One in each shed for a couple of weeks should get numbers under control.

good to hear that things are going well for ya OZ

i have been given a 8'x8' shed that will become my brooder house

my car trailer isn't 8' wide so i started today by cutting the roof off

the walls panels are held together with lag bolts so i should be able to break the thing down &

put it back together at my place

it was priced rite.....free!

i also got a pickup load of free building materials

should be good for building housing for some of youngsters

i'm looking to go with a 1/4" mesh wire floor

i'm tired of buying shavings for birds that will just be sold off

so i'll try something different

take care

piglett

PS: the wife is due in a couple more weeks

fl.gif
Hope all goes quick, easy, and as smoothly as possible for your wife and you, Pig.

The internet has been extra bad here. The brooder is totally complete and will get chicks tomorrow.

A form was made for the concrete squares for the second and third farrowing pens.

The cabinet was built in the piggery to lock up the supa dupa pressure washer.

I have gone through 16 junction boxes, 18 light fittings, 11 switches, 125 meters of electrical wire, 13 power outlets and 2 surface mount circuit breakers. And s

Mrs Pig is a full blooded Pinay. I have seen 10 pound babies slip out of a filipina without a graze.

Its a Shame its not a boy. Oz would be a good name. Lol.

Still, I will be ****** if I am not a godfather.
the truth is she is rather shy on grand farther's (only 1 still living)

how does grampa OZ sound?

are you up for the job old boy?

Back
Top Bottom