Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

This is a captivating read. I'm not supposed to be sitting here idly reading right now. I'm supposed to be acting like a productive adult & doing productive adult stuff. I cant wait to get back here & find out what happens next!

Here I am again.

Our drive to Banff was extraordinary. The Canadian Rockies are amazing.

We also saw elk, white tail deer, moose,bighorn sheep and beaver.

Inday is now shopping up a storm. I am back at work.

Our egg counts are on the rise and suddenly we have quail laying.

Here I am again.

Our drive to Banff was extraordinary. The Canadian Rockies are amazing.

We also saw elk, white tail deer, moose,bighorn sheep and beaver.

Inday is now shopping up a storm. I am back at work.

Our egg counts are on the rise and suddenly we have quail laying.

Quail?! After all these years the quail are finally laying! ;) I remember the original quail tales of woe.

How many animals are pregnant?
Are you bringing over eggs on your next visit?

welcome to the noobs!

Whats pregnant?

pig 15 landrace - missed silent estrus x 2 then had full blown cycle. very disappointed so we decided to use Trumpy in an attempt to get her pregnant. we will use import semen on her second litter - due july 24

pig 17 landrace. sired with landrace semen. due april 29

pig 18 duroc/peitrains/white crossed with duroc due april 29

pig 19 landrace/pietrains/hampshire crossed with Trumpy due May 16

pig 20 landrace/peitrains crossed with trumpy due june 13

Goat 113 Boer 32% Nubian 30% Native 38% crossed with Chabi (Saanen 88% and Nubian 12%) due? ...... soon

Goat 106 Native 50% Nubian 50% crossed with Chabi (Saanen 88% and Nubian 12%) due? ...... soon

We have 7 kids on the farm. 4 are male 3 female. 3 of the males are sold. the most recent one will become curry.

6 does are either pregnant with Chabi or soon will be,.

His 4 daughters will be separated and then put in with the new Nubian buck we will pick up next month.

The boys are buildinf an extension on the brooder room to hold three more brooders.

We are posting a new position for an ag science major.

Overall things look good

welcome to the noobs!

Whats pregnant?

pig 15 landrace - missed silent estrus x 2 then had full blown cycle. very disappointed so we decided to use Trumpy in an attempt to get her pregnant. we will use import semen on her second litter - due july 24

pig 17 landrace. sired with landrace semen. due april 29

pig 18 duroc/peitrains/white crossed with duroc due april 29

pig 19 landrace/pietrains/hampshire crossed with Trumpy due May 16

pig 20 landrace/peitrains crossed with trumpy due june 13

Goat 113 Boer 32% Nubian 30% Native 38% crossed with Chabi (Saanen 88% and Nubian 12%) due? ...... soon

Goat 106 Native 50% Nubian 50% crossed with Chabi (Saanen 88% and Nubian 12%) due? ...... soon

We have 7 kids on the farm. 4 are male 3 female. 3 of the males are sold. the most recent one will become curry.

6 does are either pregnant with Chabi or soon will be,.

His 4 daughters will be separated and then put in with the new Nubian buck we will pick up next month.

The boys are buildinf an extension on the brooder room to hold three more brooders.

We are posting a new position for an ag science major.

Overall things look good

when you said kids i almost thought you ment humane kids hahaha

page 40 only 1370 to go!

update

i spent three hours reading this thread so far today. on page 86 and i am only reading what you post(ozexpat). to much to read so i had to cheat a little.
i read that your wife likes planting fruit trees and that you guys have breadfruit trees. i have some as well i have two different varieties i have this one

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/41/c3/ef/41c3ef96491eb569fe56abe355364689.jpg

and then i have this one

http://www.marketmanila.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/P1020805.jpg

i also have lots of coconut trees, 2 types of mango trees, west indian cherry tree, star fruit, lime, grapefruit, tangerine, sweetsop, banana, plantain, pineapple, papaya, wets indian pumpkin, and maybe a few more that i cant think of at the moment. do you have jackfruit there?

Last edited:
page 40 only 1370 to go!

update

i spent three hours reading this thread so far today. on page 86 and i am only reading what you post(ozexpat). to much to read so i had to cheat a little.
i read that your wife likes planting fruit trees and that you guys have breadfruit trees. i have some as well i have two different varieties i have this one

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/41/c3/ef/41c3ef96491eb569fe56abe355364689.jpg

and then i have this one

http://www.marketmanila.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/P1020805.jpg

i also have lots of coconut trees, 2 types of mango trees, west indian cherry tree, star fruit, lime, grapefruit, tangerine, sweetsop, banana, plantain, pineapple, papaya, wets indian pumpkin, and maybe a few more that i cant think of at the moment. do you have jackfruit there?
we have a couple of breadfruit trees along with durian. they are quite young still. hopefully they with survive the salt

Back
Top Bottom