Giant Daisies?

I'm not 100% sure still on what sex linkage he is talking about, but he isn't saying all the chicks are female, he is saying all the female chicks from this hatch will look like sexlinks I think.

I'm still trying to figure out 100% what he is saying

Yeah, all the chicks will be black. Female black sex links are black. But that doesn't mean all black chicks are sex linked, or all black females are sex linked. He has no genetic basis to say there's any sex linkage here. I just hate to see folks like the OP being given false information on this site.

Yes, but a lot of these traits have subtleties not mentioned..."finer shades of grey", if you will.
In the cross you mention males hatch "light" because white and yellow are dominant. But the male WILL have a copy of the dark gene, so? Maybe it reveals itself in a subtle way, like a black sheen? I really dont know...i was asking whether it could be usefulbin this cross. If unknown, id like to see...

Yeah, I'm not sure. Leg color sexing wont work here, and color wise wont either.

Maybe just that the females will look like it, but not necessarily sexlinked?

Donrae,
I NEVER SAID ALL WERE FEMALE.
This is the SECOND time im saying this. AND ive already had a separate discussion.
Its ONE sentence, how much more cogent can i make it?
...the cross will produce sex linked females. You can reread my post.

Donrae,
This is the SECOND time im saying this. AND ive already had a separate discussion.
Its ONE sentence, how much more cogent can i make it?
...the cross will produce sex linked females. You can reread my post.
But how do the 'sexlinked' females differ from the males?

How are there sex linked females, I'm still lost at what you are claiming. Please don't get upset, I'm trying to figure out what you are claiming with sex-linked females. How are they sex linked?

You know john locke said (paraphrase): new ideas are always scrutinized and usually rejected, if for no other reason than they are not already common." (He used "opinion" but it had a different meaning back then).

Black mixed breed chicks can have a lot of variation. I know for a fact that all 4 of these chicks are female. They are all black sexlinks, their mothers are Barred Rocks. They all had the same Easter Egger father. They are now 14 weeks old, and are for sure female.

How?
Can you re-read my post, so i dont have to go through it all again. Let me know if you have a more specific Q.
Terminology is killing this discussion. A lot of terms are used tongue and cheek, but are not clearly defined. "Sex-linked" because there is ambiguity on the nomenclature of the sex chromosome, i believe is giving people the wrong idea... Giving people the idea that the female has, and is contributing, a different chromosome. But if she gives it to a male and he gives to a male, it's still the same chromosome. Only, in the second cross the male passed it on...
Btw, i have a Master's degree in embryology (developmental genetics). Just letting you know that i know a little about genetics.

Back
Top Bottom