Gil's World-HUGE updated!

@Jpat I agree! Love the new pic!

@Loopeend Thank you!

@Cayuga momma Yes, I need to keep some on hand! I decided I should definitely have a pet first aid kit though. Looking for recommendations on what to fill it with! I have all different pets so anything would probably be a good recommendation!
I saved this on my bookmarks and am slowly getting all my supplies. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/suggestions-for-a-first-aid-kit-updated-2-16-2019.1150128/

Puppy pads only work when they are little, sadly.
My First Aid kit:
Quick stop
Neosporin (not the pain reliever kind)
Vaseline
Vetericyn spray
Iodine
Popsicle sticks
5 ml syringes without the needle
Alcohol
Preparation H
Monistat 3
Coconut oil
Guaze
Waterproof tape
Self adhesive tape
Tweezers
Thermometer
Baby aspirin
Benadryl
Corid
Fish Mox
Fish Doxy

That's what's in mine right now. I'm always trying to add more.

Heh? I don't want to come off as offensive; but a lot of items I don't understand what you do with it? I'm trying in my head to make a picture... but it doesn't click. It only goes to really weird popsicle-tweezer-baby aspirin things.. that are probably waaaaaay off. What are the popsicle sticks for, or the 5ml syringes without a needle (water/feeding maybe?). etc. I mean this seriously and not mocking.

Heh? I don't want to come off as offensive; but a lot of items I don't understand what you do with it? I'm trying in my head to make a picture... but it doesn't click. It only goes to really weird popsicle-tweezer-baby aspirin things.. that are probably waaaaaay off. What are the popsicle sticks for, or the 5ml syringes without a needle (water/feeding maybe?). etc. I mean this seriously and not mocking.
Popsicle sticks can be used for anything from a splint to fixing a clubbed foot. The syringes are for giving medicine. Baby aspirin is for pain. And tweezers are for pulling splinters out, bumblefoot, or even if you need to pluck feathers around a wound.

Popsicle sticks can be used for anything from a splint to fixing a clubbed foot. The syringes are for giving medicine. Baby aspirin is for pain. And tweezers are for pulling splinters out, bumblefoot, or even if you need to pluck feathers around a wound.

Aaah yes, it's clicking in my brain now. It sounds really logical. Thanks.
I guess I was bit thrown off because it started with 'puppy-diapers' and I didn't quite understand what these tools had to do with keeping duck-poo in...
But it is a really handy list for duck-emergency! I might make a box like that :) Thanks.

Aaah yes, it's clicking in my brain now. It sounds really logical. Thanks.
I guess I was bit thrown off because it started with 'puppy-diapers' and I didn't quite understand what these tools had to do with keeping duck-poo in...
But it is a really handy list for duck-emergency! I might make a box like that :) Thanks.
Not puppy diapers, puppy pads. Puppy pads are absorbent pads you can put on the floor or bottom of brooder. Grown ducks will tear them open though once they get wet and the stuff inside can be toxic. I haven't had ducklings tear them open though.

My response was to the puppy pads and then her question about what else to put in a first aid kit.

Not puppy diapers, puppy pads. Puppy pads are absorbent pads you can put on the floor or bottom of brooder. Grown ducks will tear them open though once they get wet and the stuff inside can be toxic. I haven't had ducklings tear them open though.

My response was to the puppy pads and then her question about what else to put in a first aid kit.

Thanks, I have learned something new again. I did not know puppy pads where something, and could be used on ducks (under ducks). Maybe a weird question; but you put them IN the brooder when they are pecking out of their eggs? I think I have questions about brooders. I get them out as soon as they are out of the egg into a new heated place. And whipe the brooder clean which is often not neccesairy since they don't poop the first days. Do you like keep them in brooders longer? Is that a thing? And if so; what are the benefits? I'm interested in all kinds of brooding.

Thanks, I have learned something new again. I did not know puppy pads where something, and could be used on ducks (under ducks). Maybe a weird question; but you put them IN the brooder when they are pecking out of their eggs? I think I have questions about brooders. I get them out as soon as they are out of the egg into a new heated place. And whipe the brooder clean which is often not neccesairy since they don't poop the first days. Do you like keep them in brooders longer? Is that a thing? And if so; what are the benefits? I'm interested in all kinds of brooding.
This is my brooder setup for the first week. I add pine shavings after the first week and they will get a bigger brooder than too. The puppy pads are the white pads on the floor of the brooder. I tape the side and fold the box lids in so they won't tear them down.

Back
Top Bottom