Goat Thread!

henny1129

Crazy Livestock Gal
Mar 21, 2016
The Great Buckeye State!
Hello y'all!
Goats are one of my passions and I want some other BYC members to share their passion of goats with me. And that is why I started this thread! If your new to the thread just introduce yourself and feel free to say what kind of goats you have, how many, etc. People new to goats can also ask questions and I hope that experienced goat keepers can answer! Please feel free to share more than just goat knowledge, share your stories too! And feel free to post as many pictures as you want! Please follow all BYC rules and be appropriate.
Happy goating!,
henny1129

I will start with my goats, Elliot and Boog. They are both Boer wethers and I love them! Right now Boog is 18 weeks old and Elliot is 17 weeks old. We are going to be training them to pack and pull a cart when they get older.

Boog is in the front and Elliot is in the back.

Very cute goats. I have boers myself. I show them at county and state level. I have a yearling wether and hoping to get a doeling this spring so I can show her as well.

Very cute goats. I have boers myself. I show them at county and state level. I have a yearling wether and hoping to get a doeling this spring so I can show her as well. 

Cool! I am going to show ours at county level, and if I do good there, possibly go to state. I hope to get a doeling eventually as well! Last year I showed a LaMancha doe and she was so sweet, so we will probably get a LaMancha or another Boer. Do you do 4-H or show in open class shows? I do 4-H and it is a ton of fun!

Cool! I am going to show ours at county level, and if I do good there, possibly go to state. I hope to get a doeling eventually as well! Last year I showed a LaMancha doe and she was so sweet, so we will probably get a LaMancha or another Boer. Do you do 4-H or show in open class shows? I do 4-H and it is a ton of fun!

4h and hopefully abga sanctioned shows

This is my two Boys enjoying the new Spring growth on their 'Daily Stroll'...lol...they are both pygmy/boer crosses....each has a bit more of one than the other....which is rather obvious...Comet is the one that looks more boer....and Lightning looks more pygmy...both are wethers and 1yr old....they are a real Hoot for sure...I have some great videos of them....we also have an 8 yr old doe, Star, that is FB pygmy she is definitely the herd Queen....LOL....have never regretted getting them....and the chickens and ducks will be a great Addition to our Lazy A Acres 'Family'....LOL

This is my two Boys enjoying the new Spring growth on their 'Daily Stroll'...lol...they are both pygmy/boer crosses....each has a bit more of one than the other....which is rather obvious...Comet is the one that looks more boer....and Lightning looks more pygmy...both are wethers and 1yr old....they are a real Hoot for sure...I have some great videos of them....we also have an 8 yr old doe, Star, that is FB pygmy she is definitely the herd Queen....LOL....have never regretted getting them....and the chickens and ducks will be a great Addition to our Lazy A Acres 'Family'....LOL

They are adorable and sound wonderful! I find it impossible to not love goats! :lol: Has Star ever been bred? I would like to get a doe eventually and breed her.

Back
Top Bottom