Do you have goats?

• Total voters
Pics
My
Sorry to hop in here...
My husband bought me 2 nigerian dwarf wethers for mothers day!!!!
(He absolutely gets the best husband award!!!)
Ford and Chevy, they are twins

Can they eat Japanese honey suckle??

When googling I get mixed results..

Just trying to figure it out before I go through the trouble of clearing it all...
My Nigerians and pygmy goats eat Japanese honeysuckle without issue.

Thanks so much!!
I am glad to hear from first hand experience! Like I said everything online is a huge contradiction from the previous website I read.

This makes me excited...we've got plenty of it!!!

Thanks again!
I should ad we have 15 acres and just half a dozen goats right now so they just graze everything and never focus on one plant. They have definitely eaten it but not super large quantities.

I should ad we have 15 acres and just half a dozen goats right now so they just graze everything and never focus on one plant. They have definitely eaten it but not super large quantities.
Duly noted! I appreciate that!
They will never be in a spot where there aren't plenty of other options, but i will do my best to pay attention to their intake when they are around it.

My goats LOVE honeysuckle so much and it never affects them!
Thank you for this! I at least have peace of mind having it on the property....

I was thinking I'd have to manually clear it all ...
I'll take a little help from the boys!

Going to create a separate pen for my buck tonight. He will still be near the girls but will have a fence between them now. This ought to allow me to control breeding. Poor boy is going to be very unhappy and confused. Once I have him penned up, I'll bring Annie and her 2 kids to the herd for their official introduction. 😊

Going to create a separate pen for my buck tonight. He will still be near the girls but will have a fence between them now. This ought to allow me to control breeding. Poor boy is going to be very unhappy and confused. Once I have him penned up, I'll bring Annie and her 2 kids to the herd for their official introduction. 😊
Or you could get him a ‘buck apron’ it cuts fence costs and works well!
IMG_1377.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom