Gold Laced Orpington- For Learning and Sharing

Pics
the buff laced or splash birds that I have seen do not have the chipmunk stripe on them. Ebay can be a nightmare for hatching eggs!

Unfortunately that can be true as well. Caution should be used when purchasing eggs from anyone unless you know the source, sad but true.
sad.png

Having said that, my Buff Laced Whites hatched in various shades and markings, quite different than my Gold Laced but not all the same, and not all feathered out the same. Some were like the picture above and some were like this picture. All four of the ones below were hatched from BLG to BLG (I will look and see if I can find some baby pics)

Unfortunately that can be true as well. Caution should be used when purchasing eggs from anyone unless you know the source, sad but true.:( Having said that, my Buff Laced Whites hatched in various shades and markings, quite different than my Gold Laced but not all the same, and not all feathered out the same. Some were like the picture above and some were like this picture. All four of the ones below were hatched from BLG to BLG (I will look and see if I can find some baby pics)
interesting and beautiful!

Gary,
Could you elaborate on what we might look for in "good" chicks? Maybe some pics

And NOW you had to go and post these pics. Great. I HAVE to have some...
droolin.gif

They are really pretty
love.gif
but one can only have so many, I let my friend have the Buff Laced Whites
hit.gif
. They are now her favorites ........

They are really pretty :love but one can only have so many, I let my friend have the Buff Laced Whites  :hit .  They are now her favorites ........

Yeah its so hard to pick a favorite but I have a hard time resisting partridge and isabells. Now that I have isabells coming from you I will have my absolute faves... but I still really want bbs lol

Gary,
Could you elaborate on what we might look for in "good" chicks? Maybe some pics

And NOW you had to go and post these pics. Great. I HAVE to have some...
droolin.gif
I am involved with a group that is working to get the gold laced accepted as a variety with the APA. I have worked to get my chicks to hatch with the cinnamon base coat. Warning: Different lines of gold laced will look different! Almost 90% of my chicks hatch out cinnamon. The cinnamon chicks almost always have the most vibrant coloring in my line. We are shooting for a black based bird with a dark gold internal coloration in the lacing. This is what most of my chicks from last year looked like.

This is what I'm hatching this year. Notice that the back coloring is not the muted brown color on these. Some still have the dark collar but not all. I have had very few hatch this year that look like last years.

Ignore the different colored birds. Their chocolate spangled chicks that hatched out with this one group in May

Back
Top Bottom