Golden Lace Wynadotte with a single comb.

Quote:
The rooster in the picture..is Beautiful.
smile.png

Thank you! Goldie Locks is stunning, and I bet she'd have lots of gorgeous, rose-combed babies. Unless you're going to get into serious GLW breeding I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks! she's just one of my pet chickens. I was planning on showing her but i not going to.
Wow i really didn't think my question would cause such an argument. lol
ep.gif

Punky not to worry, we had a discussion about a difference, thats how information comes out, I am glad you found out what I was talking about, next time it could be the other way around.

No arguement, and hopefully the question was answered,

some breeds combs are varied, in Wyandottes its not, some like RIRs have a choice, of SC or RC.

Last edited:
wow she is beautiful i wish i could find a single combed silver laced wyandotte, they ar e just beautiful i think the single comb looks better, would you know where i could possibly get one like her?

Well, you are wrong, for what I wrote previously.

If, a SC shows up in a flock it means that BOTH parents carried the gene for SC, that is the only way even one can show up in a flock, both the rooster and the hen carry it, so ALL of the chicks from the rooster are suspect, as half of them will carry the SC gene. No way it can be a purebred flock, no matter what you think.

This is why the breed has a SOP, and why the SC is a major fault. If the flock isnot eligible to be shown its not a purebred flock, no matter how many other good traits that they have, its not a debateable issue, it was settled over a hundred years ago in the SOP.

I dont know where you got the 5% figure from. Commercial prodiction flocks, could be, not Heritage Flocks bred and shown to the SOP.

Slight clarification: single comb in a Wyandotte is not a "major fault", it's a disqualification.

Heres a photo of her. Her name is goldie locks. she will be a year in june.

BTW thats Lorretta her coop mate she's a buff brahma bantam.
lol.png

84752_pa141333.jpg

In another post you stated that everything other than the comb of this bird is to the standard of the breed-it's not. Her type is terrible

Many years later..... LOL.. I just hatched out 4 GLW and 1 has a single comb. Pretty sure it is a rooster also.. I could tell from hatching that it had a different comb from the rest. I am going to give him away, since I already have a Rose combed roo.

Back
Top Bottom