Golden Pheasant SEXING,Hope this helps

Nice!

Thanks for the shots. Very nice details on the shots too! This will help a lot for peeps who want to start with pheasants.

The yellow goldens are hard to sex without the tear-drop wattle huh? But...as detailed as this post is...its hard to mistaken. Haha

- Tommy

I have 3 red goldens that are 5 weeks old. They all have blue eyes. At this age, can they be sexed accurately by eye color? I bought these so I don't know if they started out blue and will turn brown if they are hens or if they start out brown and turn blue, to green or if they start out with the proper eye color according to sex?

Thank you! All 3 have pale blue eyes. I looked for the little tear drop, but not sure I see it. One for sure has a tiny" bare" spot under his eye. Legs don't appear to be as yellow as photos I've seen that others have posted as another indication of male/female. But thanks to your response I fell pretty confident that these 3 are all males.

legs wont be bright yellow til they are fully grown, start off kinda a greenish yellow and fade into all yellow. If they have colored legs and blue eyes, pretty sure they are all boys, hens eyes will always be chocolate brown colored at all points in the life

Back
Top Bottom