Golden Pheasant SEXING,Hope this helps

At what age do I have to wait to see color in eyes, for lady Amherst and red goldens?
WOW!!! Resurecting a 7 year old thread. If you read this far....should have read the post above stating that eye color and wattle/tear drop is the same for Ruff pheasants, ie; Goldens and Amherst. Around 6 weeks of age.

Last edited:
Yes I know the age of the post but I haven't seen were it states the age of birds when to color changes, I did see that all pheasants are alike, you might be the first unpleasant person I have seen on here :( I ask for advice On when the color is noticeable

Yes I know the age of the post but I haven't seen were it states the age of birds when to color changes, I did see that all pheasants are alike, you might be the first unpleasant person I have seen on here :( I ask for advice On when the color is noticeable
Sorry, didn't mean to be unpleasant! I believe it's on pg.2 of this thread. This is true for the Ruff pheasants, not all pheasants.

Here's a couple of pics of an exactly 6 week old golden male, even the pic of it on my lap, you can see the color. You can see the eye color clearly has changed to a blue-ish hue. The tear drop is begining to show also. HTH

Sorry to hijack this post, but I only have a phone and can't create a new thread.
Does anyone gave any experience with a broody red golden? She has been setting for 3 days. Will she stay full term?

It's possible, if you don't disturb her. Sometimes they may set for half way through, other times full term. Lots of factors can come into play with broody pheasants. Just be ready to move the eggs to an incubator if she quits setting or move them now, if you feel she won't set till term.

Back
Top Bottom