Good treats for baby chicks

Oat meal plain or cooked mine are CRAZY about it it’s supposed to be good for them too! At first mine wouldn’t eat it but after a day I couldn’t get them to stop try to get to eat it then the rest should catch on! That’s what happened with mine! :wee

Oat meal plain or cooked mine are CRAZY about it it’s supposed to be good for them too! At first mine wouldn’t eat it but after a day I couldn’t get them to stop try to get to eat it then the rest should catch on! That’s what happened with mine! :wee

Oatmeal is not actually good for chickens.

It's too high in fiber and doesn't have the necessary nutrients.

Chicks need the maximum nutrition possible so it's best to encourage them to eat their regular chick feed. :)

Oatmeal is not actually good for chickens.

It's too high in fiber and doesn't have the necessary nutrients.

Chicks need the maximum nutrition possible so it's best to encourage them to eat their regular chick feed. :)
Thank you for the feedback I only give them a little as a special treat as I read a lot isn’t good they mostly eat chopped up apples blueberries and scratch grains during the winter

Thank you for the feedback I only give them a little as a special treat as I read a lot isn’t good they mostly eat chopped up apples blueberries and scratch grains during the winter

None of those are high-nutrient feeds.

Growing chicks need protein. A balanced commercial feed is the best option during that critical stage of development. :)

The best treat for chicks is what their mum tells them is good to eat, even at a week old. Failing having a mother :hitthen a decent secure area in which to learn to dig and find their own treats would be some compensation.
That is also my philosophy as the chicks are newborn and their food should be natural as what their mother hen in nature would lead them to scratch and dig for, I love to watch the
way a mother hen teaches the chicks to hunt and scratch 🐥

As soon as the snow melts and everything dries up, dig a few shovels of yard dirt, put the dry soon in a large dish pan or tray, Chichens will cover themselves to rid themselves of mites and lice. It works Mother Natures insecticide.
Can I use diatomaceous earth? It's supposed to get rid of pests.

Back
Top Bottom