Good treats for baby chicks

Like others have said, young chicks really shouldn't be getting treats besides eggs. Maybe in a couple weeks, introduce some chick grit, and then you can try other stuff with them. With mine, I broke dried mealworms into thirds, or I had these treats called quack snacks from TSC that were easily broken apart. Honestly, my chicks didn't really like treats that much until they were maybe 6-8 weeks old. They preferred eating feed from my hand. I think they know what's good for them, so don't force it. Like someone else said, wetting the feed is exciting for them for some reason. I'd stick to that until they are a little older and then try some treats with grit. Good luck with your babies. :)

Wet their regular feed with plain water.

They go NUTS over this.
This is how I teach them that I'm the "Bringer of Food."

I put a couple tablespoons of wetted feed, aka mash, into my palm, and rest my palm on the floor of the brooder. I get comfortable, as I'll be there a while. Eventually, one chick will approach and test it. Then it won't be long until all of them try it. It's like getting tapped with a bunch of dull pencils. :)

I've only had 3 or 6 chicks though, not 20.

Back
Top Bottom