Goose Egg Incubation

Weighing hasn't really helped me backside I don't really know what I'm looking for. Some lost more moisture than others, and some about toninternal pip while others have a few days before that happens. It's getting excited though!

When you weigh you're looking for them to lose about 13 to 15 percent of their entire weight by draw down. So roughly 3 and half percent of their week each week is ideal.

Last edited:
I still have the two goose eggs in the incubator, and they have an estimated 9 days left. One of the eggs looks perfectly normal, but the other has these spots that just appeared. The goose is still alive and moving, but it's like two veins ruptured, causing dark spots when candling.

Is this normal? Will the goose make it?

Can you post a picture of the spots?

I'm not at home right now but I'll try to get a picture when I get back. The spots appear to be veins that have ruptured or something, but are still functioning. It has been like this for 5 or so days. The goose is still growing and moving a lot, but I was just wondering if the spots were normal as the other does not have them. I'll get a picture posted later.

It sounds like you may not be turning them often enough. Goose eggs should be turned minimum 5-7 times a day and always a odd number. As long as the little one is still moving around I'd try not to worry too much. So much is out of our hands while their still inside those darn shells. It's nerve wracking. Good luck to you.

Well, I try my best to turn them as often as possible, but with being in school, I can only turn them 3 times a day. When I have trap practice, I struggle to do that. I noticed it when I hadn't turned them in a white, so I really think that not enough turning is the problem. However, I have been turning them more lately. Here is a picture:

Just do your best. Remember, without you they wouldn't have any chance at all. Even left with their parents nothing goes perfectly. You're doing a great job. Incubating goose eggs isn't for the faint of heart. That last week seems to take forever.

Back
Top Bottom