grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I am at the laundromat and this woman walks in ........ It's raining and she is soaking wet........ She doesn't have any laundry just sits in one of the chairs and watches everybody....... Then she says I know you! And walks up to me and tries to hug me!!! I tell her I am pretty sure I don't know her and hold her at arm's length. She says yes you do! I worked with you! I say where? She says I have worked at so many places I can exactly remember...... Can I borrow $20??

Thank God my phone rings, I whip it out of my pocket and say this is personal, don't go any where, I'll be back. I go to the truck and call the police and tell them there is a panhandler in the laundromat.

They arrive, she hides behind the washers, they go in and bring her out in hand cuffs.......

Now, I never want to go to the laundromat again!!!!!!

Wow, lucky, enola! If we called the police for a panhandler here, they would charge us for "wasting police time." There are so many homeless people out here, since the winters are mild. Actually, more during the winter, as they drift down from up north. I think the only time the police will respond is if someone acts aggressive. They better not hug me!! Some days you need a gas mask to go to the library, cause they all hang out there. Okay with me, it's a public place, but there should be some standard for hygiene.

Wow, lucky, enola! If we called the police for a panhandler here, they would charge us for "wasting police time."  There are so many homeless people out here, since the winters are mild.  Actually, more during the winter, as they drift down from up north.  I think the only time the police will respond is if someone acts aggressive.  They better not hug me!!  Some days you need a gas mask to go to the library, cause they all hang out there.  Okay with me, it's a public place, but there should be some standard for hygiene. 
Wishing they're all over the place here too. My favouring that I use to do when hardees was still in the same place (that's where they'd gather) was one would ask for money because he was hungry. . I'd tell him to come on and I'd buy him some dinner. Never fails, they say ok I'll be there in a minute. Guess how many dinners I had to buy after probably ten years of doing that?

Congrats on the 2k post for Red and 3k post for Lisa! You can blame it on having a big mouth, but I blame it all on granny. Her thread is jut too fun to resist! Hope there will be good news about her Tom later.

wee.gif
woot.gif
We are actually expecting real rain later tonight and/or tomorrow. Now I have a dilemma. Do I tarp the big girls' run? If I don't, it will rain for sure, but do I tempt fate by covering it???

Quote:

Bucks are fine to eat even during the rut just make sure to gut and clean carefully. DO NOT nick the bladder The longer you hand the deer the less gamey tasting it becomes as well.

Quote:
yeppers I usually got stuck cleaning all the game dad and brothers shot as I was more patent. Have also home processed a number of pigs up to 6 in 1 weekend with friends. Even with them I did all the breaking down of the carcass same when we do chickens I help with the wacking and then plucking a few and then do all the gutting and cleaning. The two that usually help on chicken D day still can't keep up with me. LOL

This is a monumental post for me Red so I better make it good. I have found feed all flock raiser to be the best of both worlds. Its more expensive than layer or chick grower, but it feeds all ages. You just need to have oyster shell free choice for the layers. During the summer months I have a baked bean can that I have drilled small holes in the bottom of. I take that & screw it into one of the run post & fill with oyster shell, up high enough that the hens can reach it but not the chicks. I also have a wine bottle grit & oyster shell dispenser that I made for the big coop. I just need to get ambitious & make a couple more. I will take a picture of it when I go out shortly.

OK now for all the Hoop LA :celebrate
:highfive: :weee :ya :jumpy Congratulations to Red for reaching 2,000 post & to Maaw... for reaching 3,000 post. The scary part is Red only joined BYC this year, if he don't watch it BYC will have to create a BIG MOUTH award for the most posts in a year :lau Just kidding you Red lol.
Congratulations chicken lady on 3000 post!! :weee :weee shhhh I'm hoping no one would notice I've only been here for not even a year. :oops: Was hoping people that seen the post count would just say (this guy has a lot of experience from all the post he has ). And hoping they didn't look at the joined date :lau. I'm now going to look at your join date. For all I know you may be holding that big mouth trophy by yourself. :gig. Just kidding. Congratulations.
Lol, you wish Red, its all yours :lau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom