** GRAZING FRAME/BOX! Salad bar for chickens! (DIY video!) **

I am going to the hardware story today. I've wanted to make some of these for a long time, so can't wait to pick up the supplies! Sounds really easy, too. The run for my coop is huuuge but they are running down the grass pretty bad. Hoping this will grow up by the time that happens and give them all sorts of green stuff to chew on! Love the vids!
goodpost.gif

I just picked up bird seed. It has milo, millet, rye, and all sorts of fun stuff. Everything except corn and BOSS. :) Not sure how it will grow yet as I just got my supplies, but I will let you know how it goes!

I got my frames finished last night! They are not what I wanted them to be, due to my non-chicken person funding the project (lol) who balked at the price of 2x4's and hardware cloth. I ended up using cedar fence pieces and a tough, plastic hardware cloth. The wood is terrible so I don't expect it to last too long, but the cloth is holding up, so far, to chickens. I haven't planted in them yet, just to be sure the plastic cloth will work, but it's looking good so far! Probably because my chickens are Polish, which are smaller, thinner birds anyway. :) I'll take pics when I have them planted!

Back
Top Bottom