Greenville/Upstate!

This doesent feel too good... strong winds, dark clouds, thunder and I am located in the dead center of a tornado watch right now.!
ep.gif

hide.gif

Last edited:
Hi,
we mostly chat on the other South Carolina thread.

Good luck in your search for Marans hens that lay really dark eggs. I sold most of my birds recently because so many folks would not pay $70 a hen which is what a really dark egg layer is worth. Mine were not chocolate brown, they were dark rich brown. Once I had buyers that would pay it then I just sold out to them and kept a few back for my Olive Egger project.
They lay great eggs and the meat is superior! I hated needing the room for more birds but the market is flooded with average brown eggs that people sell cheap.

Wow! I didn't realize they are so expensive. My chickens are different breeds, and have 1 1/2 acres they roam around on. They are in a fence with 8 pygmy goats, and a Great Pyrenees dog. It probably wouldn't be wise to let a $70 chicken roam around like that! I just saw some pictures of dark olive eggs, and I like them a lot too! I am having a hard time figuring this site out. How do you get to the other South Carolina thread?

Go to your menu at the top where it says "Home- Learning Center- Forum-" and mouse over the Forum tab so you see the drop down menu and then click on Social. There you will see a whole new menu of sections but go to "Where am I? Where are you?" and in that section you will see a lot more sections, mostly all the states so scroll down until you see SC and you can click on the first page or jump to the last page or anywhere in between to read.

This site used to be a lot easier but they changed it about 16 months ago and it has gotten a bit harder to get around. I have been on here for 5 years posting and a year before that just reading so it is easy for me.

I will answer your email in a bit I have to get back outside and work some more while it is nice weather.

Back
Top Bottom