growing out my hair!

Mid-40's and growing out the bangs. DEAR GOD! I seem to have only two hair styles that will work for me. No bangs and look like I did as a kid in the 70's or bangs and I look like I did in the 80's. Oh, which horrid decade to choose from!

Honestly I think you should go with something that makes you happy. Bangs or no Bangs I think everyone who has bangs look great I wish I had bangs.

My hair just passed my shoulder blades too! I am growing it out, but my hair is probably the slowest at growing ever!!!
somad.gif
My hair is around the middle of my back, a little past my shoulder blades. It's been like that since LAST YEAR. Ugh. My hair is quite healthy, I never do anything to it, but it just takes so long to grow!

I agree sometimes it does take hair a long time to grow but there is all types of products out there now they say helps your hair but then turns out it damages your hair. I know if you constantly get your split ends cut then your hair will grow, sometimes the reason someone's hair doesn't grow is because they may have split ends that they may or may not know about.

Does anybody know what phase of the moon is the right one for trimming your hair so it will grow? I never followed the almanac stuff, but I'm up for a little moon following! I know for a fact that a full moon will bring a birth for animals and people too. I had my kids on full moons, as did a lot of other moms those nights. Nurses told me it was like that every full moon.

My grandpa would only set fence posts by the moon, because in the wrong phase, the fencepost would heave and be loose and never set up right. Now if I just remembered all the stuff he told me..........
barnie.gif

Does anybody know what phase of the moon is the right one for trimming your hair so it will grow? I never followed the almanac stuff, but I'm up for a little moon following! I know for a fact that a full moon will bring a birth for animals and people too. I had my kids on full moons, as did a lot of other moms those nights. Nurses told me it was like that every full moon.

My grandpa would only set fence posts by the moon, because in the wrong phase, the fencepost would heave and be loose and never set up right. Now if I just remembered all the stuff he told me..........
barnie.gif
Hello, I think its on the new moon, which this will encourage growth

have fun and good luck i haven't had a hair cut in 8 years and now have 32ish inch long dreadlocks. its been so long now i wouldn't feel right getting a haircut

Quote: lol, hope it works!

have fun and good luck i haven't had a hair cut in 8 years and now have 32ish inch long dreadlocks. its been so long now i wouldn't feel right getting a haircut
WOW! That's a long time! Me and my sister were trying the ''inverted method" with olive oil.
http://hairdiary.wordpress.com/2013...thod-for-hair-grow-an-inch-of-hair-in-7-days/
We only did it once though. It is a lot of work, and not worth spending the time to wash it out. I might get brave and try it for one whole week, but Idk yet! lol

In the spring of '11, I had the majority of my hair cut since it was all dead due to bleach and dying. It was cut to above my ears, I bared my neck and forehead too! That was really refreshing, my head felt so light.

Fast forward to now and after trying to grow it out, it only reaches to my shoulders. thick, heavy and wavy hair -- I can hardly stand it! On the other hand, I can finally put my hair up in a ponytail without looking ridiculous.

In the spring of '11, I had the majority of my hair cut since it was all dead due to bleach and dying. It was cut to above my ears, I bared my neck and forehead too! That was really refreshing, my head felt so light.

Fast forward to now and after trying to grow it out, it only reaches to my shoulders. thick, heavy and wavy hair -- I can hardly stand it! On the other hand, I can finally put my hair up in a ponytail without looking ridiculous.

Hang in there! You get to that point of it's not short and it's not long. It is the drive you crazy length! It will get better, just keep the scissors away!

Back
Top Bottom