Had to put the dog down - sad....

I'm sorry you had to put your dog down. I think you did the right thing because even though your dog is gone he can't hurt anyone else, which means those in danger are now out of danger. I know what it's like to lose a good doggy friend. When I was younger, my best friend was my grandmother's dog, Lady. I will never forget the day my dad came into my room, told me how they had to put Lady down because she was suffering from Cancer, and how long it took me to get that he was talking about Lady & to start crying.

I know you feel like you could've done more for your dog, but I think you did everything you could do for him. You gave him love and happiness and that's all a dog asks for.
smile.png
Keep your head up! Things will feel much better for you soon as they did for me.

Sorry you had to do this but i have also had to do this
hugs.gif
You did the best you could, some dogs are born with these tendency's, no amount of training will ever make them completely safe,

So sorry..

It's not easy. We've had to go through the same thing. You don't have much choice with little ones around.

Some just can't get over issues and the best you can achieve is mitigating the trigger.. but that's not always possible. The dog we have now- a rescue from abusive owners- is amazing- so long as certain triggers are avoided. Not for a minute do we let our guard down. Can't afford to because his triggers are fear based (and 2 things on this planet he gets food aggression over.) When you have little kids- they come first.

Back
Top Bottom