HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

wee.gif

Okay, so 4/5 eggs look viable so far... one might be turning into a blood ring. We'll see how it's doing in a few days. 3 have very good development, and I *swear* I saw at least one moving in there at day 8. (am I nuts for seeing movement this early?)
celebrate.gif
nope they could def be moving!

Ok, I did the candling on them, but I couldn't tell anything yet. This is my day 3 now, and the eggs are sort of a light creamy tan color. I will wait until my day 7 and try to do it again.
a little early, but like you said d7 or d10 would be much easier to tell

Ha! It loaded! I win!
wee.gif

ep.gif
gadzooks!!

Neither! I'm using them on Mischief Night! I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't like the neighbors!
gig.gif
yesss.gif

pop.gif
i cant wait!

No egg customers, and I have to force myself to eat eggs. They are mutt chickens and Pekin and Muscovy duck eggs. 12 hens, two ducks for now. Almost all lay daily.

I can hardly stand to eat eggs anymore, my fridge is full of eggs and I do not know what to do with them. I keep giving them to people, and my dad asked me to please not bring him anymore because he is tired of eggs too. HAHA!

So 4 ducklings from 4 eggs, 3 girls and 1 maybe boy... I love that Welsh Harlequins are semi auto sexing. When I get them in the brooder tonight, I'll be washing and sanitizing the bator for the 18 ancona eggs from @Sally Sunshine!

So 4 ducklings from 4 eggs, 3 girls and 1 maybe boy... I love that Welsh Harlequins are semi auto sexing. When I get them in the brooder tonight, I'll be washing and sanitizing the bator for the 18 ancona eggs from @Sally Sunshine !
Congrats!! and thats a great ratio!

I can hardly stand to eat eggs anymore, my fridge is full of eggs and I do not know what to do with them. I keep giving them to people, and my dad asked me to please not bring him anymore because he is tired of eggs too. HAHA!
Angel food cake. Most recipes use about a dozen eggs. And egg bread. And pasta. You can also freeze them for scrambled eggs, for use later on when production slows.

Angel food cake. Most recipes use about a dozen eggs. And egg bread. And pasta. You can also freeze them for scrambled eggs, for use later on when production slows.

Oh, I had not thought of angel food cake! Thank you for the tips! I feel bad when I have to throw them away when they get old.

Back
Top Bottom