HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

I have four five pipping this morning Batch#4 11 eggs.
Two three up-side-down chicks
barnie.gif
jumpy.gif
barnie.gif
jumpy.gif
barnie.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
The kids countdown to christmas we do here?  I willpost about it in the education thread  and show you some examples

MorninLiz not yet lol!! not sure I can involve myself so much this year though

come on BABIES!!!

I know!!! I am a little nervous about being gone because these will probably be a malposition hatch, because of all the crud theyve been through, but they will be fine.

Just an update on my group 1, and group 2 hatches on my Blue Australorp chicks:

Group 1: All 4 that hatched out in that batch are active, and eating and drinking good. It was a 100% hatch rate.

Group 2: 8 out of the 9 eggs hatched out. The 9th one looked like it outgrew the egg, and suffocated inside. 7 of the 8 are now in the brooder with the 4 from group 1. The last one that hatched is still in the incubator resting and drying off.

I had a total of 12 hatchlings from both of the groups combined. They are the blues, but in various shades of blue.

Group 1: All 4 that hatched out in that batch are active, and eating and drinking good. It was a 100% hatch rate.

Group 2: 8 out of the 9 eggs hatched out. The 9th one looked like it outgrew the egg, and suffocated inside. 7 of the 8 are now in the brooder with the 4 from group 1. The last one that hatched is still in the incubator resting and drying off.

I had a total of 12 hatchlings from both of the groups combined. They are the blues, but in various shades of blue.
Congrats on the new fluffy butts

pics

Love that broody image!!!  I am sorry about the doggy issue with the eggies!! boooo

Thank you!
I was out today looking for a stash, but we have so many weeds, it is almost a lost cause. I have also been trying to figure out what else might be causing them to suddenly not be laying, if they don't actually have a stash somewhere. I have a light in the hen house on a timer, but this morning I was watching and they are coming outside when it is still 2.5 hours before sunrise, and then standing in the dark in a huddle to keep warm. So much for the lighting!

Back
Top Bottom