HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

Thanks. I was trying to find info on it online with not much success. I saw something recently about making sure the eggs were big enough for the developing chick when I was looking up something else, but no elaboration.

I am getting so excited about this next clutch getting ready to hatch! I hope this momma does better than the last! I was just looking at videos of our first Buff Orpington momma (who is still with her chicks at 11 weeks old). She was so dedicated and patient and calm. This Australorp is overly excitable and nervous, and doesn't seem to have the best judgement in safety choices. I hope this next Buff Orpington momma will be like the first. I STILL haven't gotten any eggs under any of the Brahmas, they still seem to be pretending, expect the one that has started pecking. She actually has stayed on the nest for a full day. One seems to have decided against it, and the last I saw off the nest once, but she was in it most of the day. It has got me wondering if Brahmas usually take such a long time to decide wether or not to brood? It is like they are really thinking about and weighing the pros and cons. The others just decide one day, and that is that!

Okay two up-side-down chicks have hatched out and are doing very well. One shrink-wrapped a bit overnight and is exhausted from the struggle. Hopefully it has enough reserves to finish the hatch.
barnie.gif
okay he gave up...
th.gif
three eggs were late stage quitters. I still have two pipped eggs left to hatch.

Last edited:
Okay two up-side-down chicks have hatched out and are doing very well. One shrink-wrapped a bit overnight and is exhausted from the struggle. Hopefully it has enough reserves to finish the hatch.
barnie.gif
okay he gave up...
th.gif
three eggs were late stage quitters. I still have two pipped eggs left to hatch.
Does that black one in the middle have a naked tush or is it not finished drying? Sorry that your little guy gave up. Good luck on your other two pippers!

Back
Top Bottom