HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

Quote:
th.gif
you just made fudge!

have you double checked temps in the brooder?  I am sure you have, I am so sorry beautiful, so sad.  I am happy they are hatching so well!!!  Cant wait for pics!!!

Well I move my thermometers around. I thought I was going to be done after the Polish... but now my replacement eggs are showing up here n there lol... if I can get down to just the one that is allowing the last two deliveries 90% growing, I'd be great.

The Buff Laced Brahma that mentioned earlier with crazy double aircell has a cross beak :( Opened them today as they shouldn't make it past tomorrow, plus I just got pulled to that egg. I was certain it was likely dead with the crazy aircells...I caught it just in time. It was going to drown.. it was wet on the wrong end, I worked the shell open to that side, and it was pushing, but with the crazy beak (due to bad positioning, surprise, surprise) it couldn't break membrane... used a paper clip, got its beak through. Wet the membrane with Vit E, put it back. The veins are nearly shrunk up, but I have no idea what I'll do with this chick if it manages to survive...I just instinctually had to help it... I feel like it's cruelty for it to live with that deformity though at the same time... maybe once it hatches, it will look better.

So as promised, my little cute hatches this week:

I Just woke them up lol. There is a heater pad there where they were sleeping. The fuzzy teddy is a Brahma(Supposed to be a Light), The Silver with minor black flecks near beak is an Isbar(CUTIE!), Orange ones are Orpingtons

Another Orpington, and a black Isbar

Can't see it well, but looking double tufted Araucana. Can't tell if it's rumpless yet.

...and the growing babies(Mostly Welp Babies) Front n Center(ish) is 1 of 2 Blue Andalusians I kept, Lakenvelder to the right. These guys like sleeping away from the light last couple of days. Guess when they go outside, that will be easier

So, I got a new AC rooster and he is gorgeous:

And now I have to decide whether or not to start setting eggs! I wanted to wait until three weeks were up to be sure he was he father but it's ridiculously tempting to just go for it.

And now one of my ducks is laying too. I said I was done for the year, darn it!

So, I got a new AC rooster and he is gorgeous:

And now I have to decide whether or not to start setting eggs! I wanted to wait until three weeks were up to be sure he was he father but it's ridiculously tempting to just go for it.

And now one of my ducks is laying too. I said I was done for the year, darn it!
I know that bird m, mailed or did you go there?

Back
Top Bottom